Opinions- does this saddle fit?

sbloom

www.stephaniebloomsaddlefitter.co.uk
When something you are passionate about is being attacked, whether it is you or not, it is actually quite upsetting. Where my blog is has been my online "home" for much longer than I've been a saddle fitter, and just occasionally I forget professional protocol and let my emotions get the better of me. The comment obviously was slightly tongue in cheek, but I am REALLY sad that someone has been such a coward as to take out a new identity on here in order to try and make me look bad.

I have remained polite on here and will continue to do so.

I wonder which brand new H&H poster the word "witch" should be reserved for now....

Last edited:

Clava

Visit site
When something you are passionate about is being attacked, whether it is you or not, it is actually quite upsetting. Where my blog is has been my online "home" for much longer than I've been a saddle fitter, and just occasionally I forget professional protocol and let my emotions get the better of me. The comment obviously was slightly tongue in cheek, but I am REALLY sad that someone has been such a coward as to take out a new identity on here in order to try and make me look bad.

I wonder which H&H poster the word "witch" should be reserved for now....

So you did say this "If any of my customers would like to post on there about all the witches not having a bloody clue, I'd love it! " ?

Wagtail

Horse servant
Visit site

I wonder which H&H poster the word "witch" should be reserved for now....

It is quite understandable sbloom. Didn't bother me one bit, even though I was probably one of the 'witches' you were talking about. :D

Marydoll

Visit site
Oops a bit of foot in mouth moment there sbloom :eek: :D
I agree its a bit sindey of someone to take out a new name and post what you said on the other forum, but tbh nobody made you look bad, you managed that all by yourself by putting your thoughts in print, theres always someone happy to land others in the proverbial $h1t :rolleyes:
Fwiw i never commented as didnt think i had adequate information but am another who didnt think the saddle looked quite right, i can however understand your frustration :D

fabscd

Visit site
sbloom has a blog on a subscription forum and has posted about this thread and has asked her customers to comment on this thread.

"If any of my customers would like to post on there about all the witches not having a bloody clue, I'd love it! "

So there you go you're all witches with no clue.

I don't think anyone can honestly say this doesn't describe a significant proportion of HHO at one time or another ;) How many of you are going to try and tell me this place is always sweetness and light, with no mud being slung, no premature assumptions and nothing being said that is in the slightest bit harsh or unfair??

Littlelegs

Visit site
I'm going to try & settle all the disagreement & suggest a solution we can all agree on without further debate.
Op- I suggest you get a custom made 22" saddle from fuller fillies, we all agree they are wonderful.

TrasaM

Visit site
SBloom. I apologise if my dissection of your first reply offended you and my likening it to the assurances given by a shoe sales person trying to sell an I'll fitting pair of shoes:eek: no personal offence was intended.

rendre_la_justice

Visit site
I never post on here due to the amount of threads that escalate into a witch hunt.

I can only speak from experience, I cannot tell you anything about the fit of your saddle on that pony as I admit I haven't a clue and I have also been riding/owning horses 25 plus years- it doesn't mean I am a saddle fitter.

Anyway SBloom has always been professional, commented many times on threads for FREE as people have said (many fitters would class their time to precious to help others out for free). She altered my sister's saddle as her saddler sold her a new saddle that she stocked and it didn't fit right. She had spent £1300. SBloom came out 2 hours and did an alteration to make it fit. She didn't try to flog her one of her range of saddles. She has always be polite, professional and hllepful and she is the saddler I would always use should I need one. My horse is retired now so I don't but I know a 'seller' when I see one and a 'fitter'.

Edited due to a typo- I wouldn't want to be pulled up on an innocent typo on here either. :rolleyes:

FfionWinnie

Visit site
SBloom. I apologise if my dissection of your first reply offended you and my likening it to the assurances given by a shoe sales person trying to sell an I'll fitting pair of shoes:eek: no personal offence was intended.

And yet no actual apology for calling you (and I and everyone else) a witch. I'd rather be a shoe sales person than a witch frankly. :(

FfionWinnie

Visit site
I'm going to try & settle all the disagreement & suggest a solution we can all agree on without further debate.
Op- I suggest you get a custom made 22" saddle from fuller fillies, we all agree they are wonderful.

Don't be obtuse. The op clearly needs a 28" xxxxxW on that pony for it to be remotely comfortable. :rolleyes:

Get back to your armchair and stop stirring :p

leflynn

Visit site
FWIW fit looks fine but it is too far back, my saddler fits in a similar way and I've never had any issues.

Saddles do settle once they are adjusted or if they are new which is why if a saddler doesn't ask me to ride in it, I have no faith in them whatsoever (as one well known saddler did). SBloom is trying to be helpful but as usual conversation on thread is now idiotic.

Enjoy your cauldrons witches :D

Pebble101

Visit site
Sbloom was kind enough to take me out one day when she was saddle fitting. She didn't know me beforehand apart from on a forum. I expressed in interest in seeing how it was done and she offered to take me around with her. (I am no longer a member of the other forum so have no idea what has been going on).

What I can say is I saw her fit three saddles to ponies with completely different requirements. At no time did she try and push a sale. One lady was at her wits end and talking about selling her pony if she didn't get a saddle to fit - she had tried all sorts. She did end up with a saddle which made her feel safe and comfortable and which fitted both her and her pony (not an easy task).

Based on what I saw I have asked SBloom to come and reflock my saddle when she is in the area - I just need to wait until I can ride my horse again.