Opinions on a horse??

TuscanBunnyGirl

Visit site
hmm if you 'dish' your leg for an entire day...your knees will probably hurt tomorrow...think of the pressure incorrect movement can cause. I'm not saying every horse worth looking at HAS to move 110% straight but her dishing is quite extreme.

Goldenstar

Visit site
Ah, but as I said earlier, they are not "professionals", they are Irish.....

Snorts on Chardonnay wait till I tell MrGS that one (he's Irish ) he's says if there's a right way and a wrong way and the right ways easier the Irish do it .... You have one guess

springtime1331

Visit site
Now I liked her and liked the guys riding. Sat lovely and still and left her head alone. Might not be great for topline but I bet horses go sweetly for him. We might not appreciate the somersault off but it did make the horse look pretty bombproof. Most impressed he could vault on a decent size horse, reckon I'd struggle with a 13.2

ridefast

Visit site
She does look very stiff and hollow, back end looks weird.. but I think it's more due to lack of correct flatwork than actual problems, and there's something about her I quite like. If you feel you have the experience to continue her education, then I don't see there's anything to lose by going to see her

Mithras

Visit site
I'm not seeing the "awful conformation". What I saw is a weak, young horse which dished but had quite a nice shoulder, a weak underdeveloped neck and which didn't have the best hocks, possibly sickle though its hard to tell. Horses with much worse conformation compete at a good level and further schooling and getting her to work on the bit would help. Yes, dishing can be indicative of a higher liklihood of injury but it sometimes goes away with correct work.

Lovely quiet rider and horse going forwards nicely without being over-produced for the riding club market, unlike a lot of warmbloods which end up over here which haven't made the grade. I could actually see that horse popping round a 1m10 course quite happily in a year or so with the same rider but with a less experienced rider I'd see her as a nice riding club type.

kassieg

Visit site
Typical young irish horse !

Very willing, yes not the prettiest to look at to school but get yourself a good instructor & they can help you with basic schooling exercises & she'll build up in no time :)
What she will do is jump all day so will be fab for your confidence jumping, she will most probably be an angel to hack out, again perfect if you're not the most experienced
She will probably jump anything you point her at out hunting !
For a confidence giving alrounder I'd say go try her

cant beat an irish horse, I fully appreciate the education they give the youngsters & wouldn't ever hesitate to buy 1 !

P.s if you dont go for her & want opinions on others I'm happy to help :)
Good luck with your search :)

Wagtail

Horse servant
Visit site
She has sickle hocks, but apart from that I really like her. The riding does her no favours but does show a willing responsive horse that can naturally change canter lead, has a good pop and is calm and safe. I would not say no to her. Her hollow way of going is mainly to do with the riding. BUT she will need a good knowledgeable person to shape her up.

bexcy-bee

Visit site
I like her, a lot! If I was on the look out to buy one, she would probably be in my yard.

If I'm right in thinking, correct shoeing can help with dishing, and as others have said, more developed muscle and I don't think it would be that obvious.

If you have the time and money to put in to get her working nicely, and building up muscle, I would go for it! If your not massively experienced, but confident and have a good instructor, she would be fab!

Bexcy-bee x

LadyGascoyne

Visit site
I think a lot of people have given you good opinions of the horse but have also focused on whether THEY would buy it. At the end of the day, you need to work out what YOU want from this horse. If you want to pop over fences and play around, she seems to have a lovely temperament and is very willing.

If you are looking for something to grow with and compete on, bear in mind that at this stage if her education, that will take a LOT of work. You need to evaluate how much time, knowledge and support you have. From your post, I can't really work out how much experience you have, but if you are a novice and want to be able to compete soon, you may be better off going for something a bit more ready-made.

Auslander

Visit site
She's no world beater, but for what you want - she may well be just the ticket. There are better put together, better schooled horses out there, but if you're after a low level horse to have some fun on, do you really need a specimen of equine perfection.
My reservations would be whether you have the experience to turn around a horse whose early schooling has been poor. She's got a fair few wrinkles to iron out, and that will require a rider who knows how she should be going, and what correct work feels like. It makes me cringe watching the flying changes - she is disunited/late behind on every single one - and the very fact that she is a; encouraged to do them, and b; does them so badly without the rider appearing to notice, is enough to make me wonder how bad the true basics are.
My other thought is - she's weak, underdeveloped, a bit poor, and probably in a fair bit of work if she's with a dealer to sell. Once she's fitter, stronger, better fed and cared for - she may well find her devil horns!

Lyle

Visit site
I like her! needs Lots of correct work and correct feeding, but looks solid in her jump, and easy going in her work. With time and effort, she would be a lovely riding club mount/amateur eventer. But at the moment to help her shine, needs someone knowledgeable. :)