Opinions on difference between a project horse, and a green horse

alainax

Visit site
A project can also be green, amongst other things.

Green is a state of training, or lack thereof. Just like a person can be green if there are inexperienced at something.

only_me

Visit site
I would treat both the same - back to basics and build from there. Name doesn’t really mean much.

However If I buy a project then it’s usually a young green horse who I think will improve nicely and sell well after a few months of work.

But a green horse is a project imo, a whereas a project isn’t always green!

paddi22

Visit site
A project horse is one where you have to undo damage someone else has done.

A green horse is a farily blank canvas that just needs correct training to bring on.

Their is a class of 'project horse' that is a just a side project for someone to bring on for fun. But I think a proper project horse is one that needs specific targeted training to get over issues it already has. A green horse can become a normal well balanced horse with milage and training. A project horse can always stay quirky

Myloubylou

Visit site
Think project has acquired the connotation that is problem horse that needs retrained. But often you see ‘summer project’ which could be taking green horse & putting in some schooling to sell on.

Polos Mum

Visit site
I think

green = there is a lot for you to do

project = there is a lot for you to UNDO before you can start on the list of things to do

People do describe educating green horses as a 'nice little project for the summer' but I think that's totally different to a project horse

Given many sellers can't seem to identify the size of their horse or spot glaring lameness then expecting an advert to distinguish this nuance is probably asking a lot !!

fredflop

Visit site
Thanks basically what I was thinking. Horse advertised as a project, keep on getting numpties asking me if it’s suitable for their 12 year old daughter to bring back into work, er no...