Opinions on horse please

AmyMay

Situation normal
Visit site
Agree that it's probably not 16.2 - but that doesn't matter really unless your really tall yourself.

Lovely little horse - but why the pelham (or double bridle - couldn't quite make it out) on such a young horse??

Did you get my PM????

Helga1980

Visit site
Him being 16hh would actually be better than 16.2hh
tongue.gif

What's your thought about his front end - seems very sresty but suppose that just him being a Section D!

PoppyPony

Visit site
defo go have a look he is gorgeous!
just a thought - jumping 3ft at 4 years old for a section D is not brilliant, the lady who bred Ds + Cs at my old yard said this breed should be left to mature for longer than most breeds - she reckoned serious jumping (i.e. proper courses and over 2'6") should be left until they are about 6 or 7.
agree he does not look 16.2, and maybe a little pricey?

siennamum

Visit site
I think we would really need to know what you are looking for. He is a very attractive horse but if he's only 4, he is still such a baby of course he'll be obliging, he could be a completely diferent horse by next March.
He does look like he was cut late, which I think is a good thing, but he may end up being a lot of horse!

Claireg9

Visit site
ok so like everyone else says he looks smaller than they say, but lots of people get height wrong. I think he is stunning and could make a lovely dressage/show horse, with the added bonus of being able to do some local showjumping!

Gorgeous... go see him!

burtie

Visit site
Looks nice enough, agree with other about size, also check when he was gelded and if ever been used on mares as he look very cresty for a 4 year old gelding even considering he's a welshy!

Helga1980

Visit site
Thanks - the crestiness was a slight concern for me, hadn't thought about the possibility of him being cut late! Wouldn't want that neck set against me through!!

AmyMay

Situation normal
Visit site
I've just re-read the ad.

Does anyone else think that it's a bit flowery and lovely and perhaps could not be all it seems????

Caritas

Visit site
Lets not put the dampners on it for her though, who knows until you go and see hey, but just dont make a rash decision. Good luck!

horsegirl

Visit site
My horse is 16.1 and I am 5ft 10 and I look about that size on him. The first photo is misleading as there is nothing to give him scale. I though Ds were only about 14.2?

AmyMay

Situation normal
Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Lets not put the dampners on it for her though

[/ QUOTE ]
No absolutely not. Probably being a little suspicious. It's just a bloomin long drive for nothing............................

siennamum

Visit site
Some D's go up to 16.2, depends upon the breding. They won't win true Welsh /m&m showing classes but are good animals. Maesmynach (sp) horses are all 'overheight' for example. It would be interesting to know his breeding though.

Tufty

Visit site
I have spoken to this girl about another horse and this has just alerted me in to thinking she is dealing ! please let me know what story you got because if this is a fake she is unbelievable ! I am about to travel 300 miles to view one of her perfect horses makes me really think it is too good to be true PM me if you think it is necessary

LEC

Opinions are like bum holes, everyone has one.
Visit site
I have seen some nice section Ds but he does not do much for me - firstly I would want him in a snaffle as even showing in novice classes he would be. Secondly I know hes only 4 but the back end does not match up in muscle. I also cannot see it catching up as the front is massive. If he decides to set that neck there is not much you can do! Also he has 2 prices on horsemart so guess they have not had much interest if they keep dropping it.

MillionDollar

Visit site
Stunning horse, def worth a look... agree he doesn't look 16.2 but could be very wrong.

Goshka Sport Horses stood a Welsh D stallion this year who is 16.2 (see below) so it is possible.
MAESMYNACH NOBLEMAN

Also they may have ridden him a double bridle so he looked nice for the photos! I think you should go and see him ASAP, you never know he could be your dream horse.
grin.gif

Tufty

Visit site
she says the reason she is selling this horse is because she is loosing ground, she told me the reason she is selling the other horse is because she is moving in with her boyfriend and needs the money to buy a house ! Also discovered she had the horse I am looking at on horsemart a month ago and has now re-advertised it makes me think it was vetted and didnt pass. Buyer beware ! springs to mind - yes both horses sound amazing like others have said - too good to be true !

Happy Bird

community.webshots.com
I wouldn't be too worried about him being cresty - that's characteristic of the breed ? The section D on our yard looks like that (he's 5) - he's actually for sale too - he's on horsequest in the endurance section - very nice if you're looking for a Welshy ! (our yard breeds Welshies)

Like everyone else says, I'm sure he's not 16.2... sec D's are generally 13.2 to 15.2 aren't they ?

I think he looks very nice but it does sound a bit too good to be true. Have you phoned them up for a chat ?

JoBo

s11.photobucket.com
Is it just me or does he look quite badly put together? It could be that he is only 4 and has a lot of filling out to do. Personally for that price I think you could find something better, but if he is what you are looking for then it's up to you!

Helga1980

Visit site
Haven't rung yet, am still umming and arring a bit (can't phone from work anyhow), as I wasn't origianally looking for a pure section d, preferred a part bred.

Tia

Visit site
Yes I agree with you. I don't think he is a well put together horse in the slightest.....sorry
crazy.gif