Opinions on minimally marked coloureds

RJMac

Visit site
Just looking for other people’s oppnions. I have a 9 month old foal she was born late last year. Sire was 14.2 and Dam was 15.2....hoping she matures on the bigger side. My partner bought her for me as a surprise from a local friend as I have always loved her from day one but I’m just unsure about how much white she has..... will attach a picture of said baby, one older one recent 🐴 Sire is a cob and Dam is a sports horse

Attachments

• D4CE29E2-2E3B-453A-A79A-EDA1B26A3349.jpeg
    D4CE29E2-2E3B-453A-A79A-EDA1B26A3349.jpeg
    872.8 KB · Views: 40
  • A099BE1E-46D8-4EBC-BBFC-5057B5B95814.jpeg
    A099BE1E-46D8-4EBC-BBFC-5057B5B95814.jpeg
    438.1 KB · Views: 36

Meowy Catkin

Meow!
Visit site
I was expecting a pic of a horse with hardly any white due to the 'minimal' description. She is loudly marked with lots of expression of the tobiano gene, so lots of white. :)

She's really cute IMO. :D

In what way are you unsure about her markings? The only issues I can think of are keeping her clean (if that bothers you) or sunburn in the summer, but then you can always use a fly rug with anti-uv fabric to prevent that. :)

G&T

Visit site
Yeah I think you’ve got it round the wrong way OP, minimally marked means not much white 😉 she’s lovely though, really pretty, and despite having lots of white areas to keep clean I do like that the bottom half of her tail is dark so she won’t get any horrid yellow wee and mud staining!

conniegirl

Visit site
In coloured classes judges should judge the class as though all the horses were bay. Colour should not come into it.

As others have stated she is loudly marked nor minimally marked, markings are considered to be white patches so minimally marked means very little white

dogatemysalad

Visit site
She's an absolute poppet. The old saying, A good horse is never a bad colour is very true. I used to have a traditional who was mostly white and he never failed to win in coloured classes, so don't worry about being marked down.

RJMac

Visit site
Aww thank you, I think I’m just to used to my other coloured having so much colour on her 🙈

RJMac

Visit site
Yeah I think you’ve got it round the wrong way OP, minimally marked means not much white 😉 she’s lovely though, really pretty, and despite having lots of white areas to keep clean I do like that the bottom half of her tail is dark so she won’t get any horrid yellow wee and mud staining!

Oops 🙈 yes she is a lovely wee thing I love the fact her tail is dark at the bottom too!!

RJMac

Visit site
I was expecting a pic of a horse with hardly any white due to the 'minimal' description. She is loudly marked with lots of expression of the tobiano gene, so lots of white. :)

She's really cute IMO. :D

In what way are you unsure about her markings? The only issues I can think of are keeping her clean (if that bothers you) or sunburn in the summer, but then you can always use a fly rug with anti-uv fabric to prevent that. :)

Thank you! I think I’m just used to my other mare having so much colour I was a bit un sure of how much white she has! I love bathing so the white isn’t a problem 😊 yes we’ve got the sun cream out for her 😊