Opinions on Saddle Company saddles?

sidesaddlegirl

www.sidesaddlegirl.co.uk
Ok, tried the SC saddle I have on trial from the tack shop again yesterday with a stud girth as was suggested here and it didn't slide forward on Hattie's shoulders! I also tried it with a Barnsby grip pad and it stayed put even better!

I think out of all the saddles I have tried over the past month, the SC one is the best fitting out of all. This one is second hand and will need reflocking as it's gone a bit flat in the front but it's still a good fit.

So what is everyone's opinions on SC saddles? Can I get any saddle fitter to reflock one or do I need a SC fitter (there doesn't seem to be any in Leicestershire as I've checked on the SC website).

The one I tried is a Genoa working hunter model (brown) and it's £150, is that a good deal?

I was going to have my local saddler come out and check it too but wasn't sure if I needed a SC fitter though!

Bosworth

www.ballhillequestrian.co.uk
Side Sadlle Girl - thats a bargain!!!!! The new price on them is about £950 and it is infinitely adjustable so can be altered as your horse changes shape. I would get a saddle company fitter to adjust it as so many saddlers use the wrong type of flocking and really ruin the saddles. Speak to Dave Johnson (owner of the SC) on the phone and ask him who he recommends in your area.

joey1999

Visit site
The Clothes Horse at Syston used to sell those saddles so you could ring them and ask if Sally still does re-fits.
smile.gif

sidesaddlegirl

www.sidesaddlegirl.co.uk
I just rang SC and he gave me the number of a Leicestershire fitter who even has the machine to adjust the tree!! I left a message so hopefully she will get back to me soon.

I was surprised with how soft the panels are though, they seem to mould to my strange horses's shape. Also also compared the girth strap placement on this saddle to the others I also took on trial and they are angled that bit more forward than the others which I suppose also works better along with a stud or curved girth with Hattie's forward girth groove.

I do find though, that the seat does ride smaller than with other brands. It measures 18" but doesn't feel like an 18". I find it comfy though but it's just a different feel to other 18" saddles I've ridden in and I don't even have that big a bum!
laugh.gif
I wouldn't be able to ride in a smaller one though.

I guess £150 is a good deal then, the saddle doesn't even look to be that old. Looks to have only been used for a short while as the leather still hasn't broken in all the way yet. The tree size seems to fit Hattie well (seems to be a medium or a slight medium/wide) but I just need it flocking up a bit at the withers.

spaniel

Visit site
So glad to hear you have found such a bargain. As to girths, I have found the wide Stuben Cordura (string) girths work really well with these saddles, especially on the more substantial boys and girls!

I echo the advice given already.....entrust the fitting AND the flocking to a proper SC fitter.