Opinions on sons of Cruising and Master Imp at stud?

Zebe

Visit site
Lark: are these all at Ballyquirke? I thought jackaroo was in wexford, thanks for saving me the diesel :) Crikey Last new really does look very draughty! Actually im very interested the grey full TB Frankfort boy for another mare by flagmount king, he wouldn't suit the Rantis mare though but i really do like him. A lot! I wish i had a few more options for the Rantis mare, I did look at Loughehoe Guy but not feeling he's the one. Im limited as not choosing to use warmbloods in any of my breeding, i think im possibly in the minority category nowadays! ..what can i say, I love irish! Can't wait to see them all in the flesh, what a great day out!! :) thx for the info!
P.s sorry new here - how do reply to individual posts, i click to reply on say "lark post" but it doesn't show that i did that. It works when you reply to me showing my message at the top of you new message, do i need to click the reply with quote?

Last edited:

Lark

Visit site
Lark: are these all at Ballyquirke? I thought jackaroo was in wexford, thanks for saving me the diesel :) Crikey Last new really does look very draughty! Actually im very interested the grey full TB Frankfort boy for another mare by flagmount king, he wouldn't suit the Rantis mare though but i really do like him. A lot! I wish i had a few more options for the Rantis mare, I did look at Loughehoe Guy but not feeling he's the one. Im limited as not choosing to use warmbloods in any of my breeding, i think im possibly in the minority category nowadays! ..what can i say, I love irish! Can't wait to see them all in the flesh, what a great day out!! :) thx for the info!
P.s sorry new here - how do reply to individual posts, i click to reply on say "lark post" but it doesn't show that i did that. It works when you reply to me showing my message at the top of you new message, do i need to click the reply with quote?

Just use 'reply with quote' :)
I think he is still there but give them a shout at Ballyquirke and they will certainly let you know :)
If you are going to Ballyquirke go to Slyguff also and take a look at Pointilliste.
He is absolutely stunning and moves like a Warmblood :) I was going to use him last year but couldn't face letting the mare down with her colt at food. Wish to God they would start doing AI.
I also absolutely love Loughehoe Guy. Such lovely temperaments.
Unfortunately I think both Loughehoe and Ghareeb came to the fore a little too late (well for Ghareeb anyway).

Zebe

Visit site
OH damn! thats another problem, i can only do AI with that mare! I will take a look at him tho, I'd say a few or us will go so will def look in at Slyguff to. Excited :D Love looking at stallions even if not using them! Thanks again

Just use 'reply with quote' :)
I think he is still there but give them a shout at Ballyquirke and they will certainly let you know :)
If you are going to Ballyquirke go to Slyguff also and take a look at Pointilliste.
He is absolutely stunning and moves like a Warmblood :) I was going to use him last year but couldn't face letting the mare down with her colt at food. Wish to God they would start doing AI.
I also absolutely love Loughehoe Guy. Such lovely temperaments.
Unfortunately I think both Loughehoe and Ghareeb came to the fore a little too late (well for Ghareeb anyway).

Lark

Visit site
OH damn! thats another problem, i can only do AI with that mare! I will take a look at him tho, I'd say a few or us will go so will def look in at Slyguff to. Excited :D Love looking at stallions even if not using them! Thanks again

Ballyquirke a absolutely lovely and will give you as much time as you need.
Slyguff are more quirkey ;)

no_no_nanette

Visit site
Ballyquirke a absolutely lovely and will give you as much time as you need.
Slyguff are more quirkey ;)

Slyguff used to have the reputation in Loftus' day of taking a look at you on arrival (and your mare) and if they didn't like what they saw, would tell you to go away again .... Sounds like they might still be a bit inclined that way :( Keeping my fingers crossed as hoping to see Pointilliste in the spring ..... Any tips, Lark?

Zebe

Visit site
Wow, sounds a bit like the my teen days on the London club scene, if ya names not on the list ya not coming in lol Surely with the way the market is today they would have to be a little more relaxed. Someone i know had a foal from Pointillste last yr, i can't remember off hand his mare's breeding but will find out :)

Slyguff used to have the reputation in Loftus' day of taking a look at you on arrival (and your mare) and if they didn't like what they saw, would tell you to go away again .... Sounds like they might still be a bit inclined that way :( Keeping my fingers crossed as hoping to see Pointilliste in the spring ..... Any tips, Lark?

Lark

Visit site
Sorry I missed your question nnn.
Slyguff are known for being quirky - not much marketing, nothing online, no AI etc etc
I was warned before I went.
I rang ahead and first thing is they asked about the mare. This one was by their on Kings Master x Cavalier so they were interested (Kings Master is gorgeous by the way - saw him over the door).
When we arrived we were sent away as they were busy in the yard - that was fine came back later and went to look at him.
Saw him in the stable (had been warned they don't like to pull them out) but that was fine and yes he was gorgeous.
I had seen videos of him in Dublin for the parade and was happy that he moved really well.
Had a nice cup of tea and chat before heading to Ballyquirke.
I didn't choose him as AI is just much much easier for us. I also did not want to travel the mare down with her foal at foot. Not that we wouldn't or haven't but wasn't worth the risk for this one.
I have heard of people who went down, waited all day and have come home mare uncovered as they will not keep them there. So you would need to be spot on before going.
That is the old way of doing it. Once you have plenty of time on your hands it is worth it for a very nice stallion.

Ballyquirke is definitely not Kildangan :) but they have a very very good line up of stallions and are very nice people.

Zebe

Visit site
Thank you Lark, i now feel prepared :) I will wait for a nice sunny day, brings out the best in people ;-)

Sorry I missed your question nnn.
Slyguff are known for being quirky - not much marketing, nothing online, no AI etc etc
I was warned before I went.
I rang ahead and first thing is they asked about the mare. This one was by their on Kings Master x Cavalier so they were interested (Kings Master is gorgeous by the way - saw him over the door).
When we arrived we were sent away as they were busy in the yard - that was fine came back later and went to look at him.
Saw him in the stable (had been warned they don't like to pull them out) but that was fine and yes he was gorgeous.
I had seen videos of him in Dublin for the parade and was happy that he moved really well.
Had a nice cup of tea and chat before heading to Ballyquirke.
I didn't choose him as AI is just much much easier for us. I also did not want to travel the mare down with her foal at foot. Not that we wouldn't or haven't but wasn't worth the risk for this one.
I have heard of people who went down, waited all day and have come home mare uncovered as they will not keep them there. So you would need to be spot on before going.
That is the old way of doing it. Once you have plenty of time on your hands it is worth it for a very nice stallion.

Ballyquirke is definitely not Kildangan :) but they have a very very good line up of stallions and are very nice people.