Opinions on this 3yo stallion?

Pigeon

Visit site
He's nice :) Very very sweet face. Would have to see a video really. Looks smaller than 16.2hh to me, but he'll probably make that in the next year or so. :)

How serious is serious? What level are you wanting to get to?

eva

Visit site
Ideally all the way? :) but that's hard to tell isn't it :) there's a video link in the bottom of this page, pls feel free to comment!

Magnetic Sparrow

Visit site
I am no expert, but on the video he seems to have three correct paces and some of the transitions looked rather splendid. I wonder what happened during the canter right - the video suddenly cuts. Overall he looked rather nice especially for only 3.

Pigeon

Visit site
Would also geld!! But he looks quiet and trainable, and once you've got temperament down you're halfway there.

The only thing I have to say about the video is you won't see his true movement unless you see him loose schooled, as at three years old he will still be over-compensating for the rider a lot. I would perhaps want to see a more uphill trot with that breeding, but like I said he won't be expressing himself properly yet under saddle.

Trules

Visit site
the other 2 for sale on the website are either amazing bargains or 2 good to be true. the 17hh sounds amazing and I like little horses!

ihatework

Visit site
If it looks to good to be true it probably is. I'd investigate exactly where he has come from and have a very good independent vetting including X-rays

DabDab

Ah mud, splendid
Visit site
It's smart enough, but I'm always suspicious of horses with top class breeding from a top stud that have been shipped in from abroad age 3 - if you think that this place is advertising him to make a profit and has paid to transport him and keep him, that should give you a maximum figure that they may have paid for him. Then think how much a horse like that would have cost to breed, foal, keep and train for three years - why would a top commercial stud sell him for so little? And if he was a genuine cheapy why would a UK dealer be the first one to snap him up?
He is smart and well bred enough to be worth a look but definitely ask a lot of questions. :)

Last edited:

seabsicuit2

Visit site
I think he is nice enough but pretty ordinary in the grand scheme of things, and he is a typical furstenball in that the trot is not particularly amazing. Furstenball himself was an amazing stallion but his progeny have been a little disappointing - certainly good enough to do well at dressage but not the next Totilas!

Pigeon

Visit site
the other 2 for sale on the website are either amazing bargains or 2 good to be true. the 17hh sounds amazing and I like little horses!

Has the 17hh got a sarcoid on his face though? And possibly another on his shoulder.

eva

Visit site
Thanks again everyone esp the pm's! Will prob go see it tomo to find out what's the true state of affairs, no expectations really.

Gryfiss

Visit site
My friends just brought from them they are really honest and have lovely horses. She imports from a stud which she knows well and has no crap , she will also look for something if you tell her your criteria . I rang her when I was looking but my budget was a bit low she was really helpful though I would defo ring :D

Stoxx

Visit site
Anything that seems to good to be true, IS. Believe me!

Interesting that the price is below the threshold needed for xrays for insurance purposes and also that a vetting has all ready been done on your behalf. How very convenient!

By all means go and see it and if you like it, have your own trusted vet travel to see it and xray everything you can, run bloods etc. The money spared now will be worth it in the long run, honestly.

eva

Visit site
Interesting, some mixed opinions! Heard another good opinion on them from smb on my yard. Well will keep my eyes open then:)

Lgd

Visit site
Not licensed and if PSI have sold him cheap then a) he is not a top stallion prospect and b) they don't rate him.
Conformation basically OK, movement OK but neither looks stellar in pics/vid, certainly does not scream GP to me. Nice gelding if the rest ticks the boxes.
I've got a 3yo entire at home better than this (and I'm not selling him either :D )

amage

Visit site
He is definitely not stallion potential, wasn't good enough to get into any of the PSI sales so shipped out the back door. Nice enough horse but nothing special and grossly overpriced. Hate that they show no pictures of his legs naked but they don't show any of their horses legs naked it appears which is ridiculous. Has no business being kept entire