Opinions on this horse please

aintgotnohay

Visit site
i think if you just want a happy hacker then confirmation doesnt really matter so much.im a crap rider and if i had another horse it wouldnt go faster than a slow trot.been bomb proof on the roads and snaffle mouthed would be more important to me.i had an old cow hocked,roached backed and ewe necked old grey gelding once.just chucked a snafflr bridle and old saddle on him and away we went.he did the job for me.was a gent on the road for just plodding along at a nice slow pace....

Cortez

Tough but Fair
Visit site
ALL of the photos with the exception of AA's are fantastic examples of how NOT to present a horse to the buying/viewing public. Since so few people know how to A. Stand up a horse, and B. Take a picture that does a horse justice (or even flatters it), it is always best to go and view. Even most videos manage to make horses look and move like Quasimodo (of course some horses ARE Quasimodo....).

Have a look at some adverts from Germany, the US, Spain to see how horses should be presented.

AdorableAlice

Visit site
Can he put the heel down?

I hope you find a boot that stays put once the weather improves. :)

No, not as well as he needs to. The hoof has changed shape and is impossible to put a shoe on, but with the use of Pro Hoof and the low level cushings under control he finally has improved the quality of horn and is happy in his boots. I am hoping the Spring will see him hacking a few days a week. Minus 4 at 8am this morning on my yard, door bolts frozen solid and lanes like a skating ring, what fun !