Opinions on this pony please

millikins

Visit site
http://www.nfed.co.uk/classifieds/upload/b/117483.jpg

I'm considering going to view this pony. She's 13hh, 4yr old, sat on, nothing else. I would be looking to drive her. I'm particularly interested as for once I think the seller is correct and she is a true dun, but she's advertised as pb NF which don't carry dun so what else could be in the mix? I also think she appears to have good conformation, though no shots of front or rear view, any comments?

Thanks in advance

Nosey

Visit site
You can get Dun new forests! She looks v sweet! So hard to tell from one pic with angles/brightness of photo etc-thought she might look a bit long in the cannons tho but could look completely different in the flesh & prob worth a punt in any case for that money!!

twiggy2

Visit site
pb could mean she only has a small bit of NF in her, but yes dun is an accepted colour for NF according to their breed standard. the other bits could be anything or a mix of anything but I reckon there is some welsh A/B in there-I don't know why but I am not a fan of her from that photo

Lintel

Visit site
pb could mean she only has a small bit of NF in her, but yes dun is an accepted colour for NF according to their breed standard. the other bits could be anything or a mix of anything but I reckon there is some welsh A/B in there-I don't know why but I am not a fan of her from that photo

Definitely would agree a good bit of Welsh in there!
Have to disagree I quite like her looks quite unique though... No thanks for me not a mare!

millikins

Visit site
Yes, FW, I think so too and i think it's a stunning colour but that makes me predujiced in her favour. I have to be honest, I really don't need another pony and wouldn't give her a second look if she was bay, and liking a colour, even a rare one is not a good reason to buy a pony. I thought the only natives with real dun, not buckskin were Highlands and Shetlands.

Cinnamontoast

Fais pas chier!
Visit site
If only she were a few hands higher, I'd be leaping at her! That is the prettiest pony/colour ever! Sorry, useless re conformation etc. :redface3:

FfionWinnie

Visit site
Yes, FW, I think so too and i think it's a stunning colour but that makes me predujiced in her favour. I have to be honest, I really don't need another pony and wouldn't give her a second look if she was bay, and liking a colour, even a rare one is not a good reason to buy a pony. I thought the only natives with real dun, not buckskin were Highlands and Shetlands.

I've bought two horses only because they were palomino. I wouldn't have looked twice if they weren't and both are/were absolutely outstanding horses of a life time. I will have another horse one day and it will be a golden palomino. I haven't seen one that ticks all the boxes yet. I'm sure you will be the same. The colour attracted you but if she's not suitable you won't buy.

Good luck with the viewing :)

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
those ears!

I think she is quite nice even without the colour and can see why at the price you are tempted ;)

Michen

Visit site
Hehe I was thinking of looking at her too but a little young. Wanted a project to re sell. She's very pretty.