Opinions on this saddle?

touchstone

Visit site
You get what you pay for I'm afraid, and for that price I'd expect the possibility of a damaged back at worst or a rubbish saddle at best.

Queenbee

Visit site
Personally a complete unknown so I wouldn't touch, you can get some well known and trusted second handers for that money, I'd rather buy second hand brand that I know and trust than something I have no clue about... I only bought a new unknown online once for a pony... Lumpiest pile of cack I've ever come across.

Queenbee

Visit site
I thought so, didn't want to think it was just me being a pessimistic cow!

Join the pessimistic cow group... You will be in good company! :). Honestly I've had some cracking second hand saddles off ebay... Would actually buy second hand above new any day.

sarahg83

Visit site
I remember when i was a kid helping out at a yard, i was probably about 13. Anyways this girl at the yard who was the most amazing rider was trying to talk her friend into getting a new saddle as she thought the one she had was rubbish and was the cause of her horses problems. In the end she bought a new one, and they decided to open up the old saddle, i remember the whole yard gathering in horror when they found out it had been stuffed with cotton wool and shredded coke cans.
I would see if you can call out a saddler that deals in second hand saddles.

cremedemonthe

Was Caterham on the Hill, Surrey now Wales
Visit site
Like others have said, cheap (Indian made) rubbish, clues it's Indian origin are the price,another are the stirrup bars, they don't often use solid cast bars, these are riveted together, cheap and weak.
Girth straps are machined together, soon as thread starts fraying they fall into 2 halves, it's a bad disguise of an Indian saddle with clever wording to make one believe it's made in Europe, AVOID!

Last edited:

vieshot

Visit site
Yuck no! That has no place on a horses back! You can get some 'look like new' quality second hand saddles for that price! I have a Kensington at the moment which I want that amount for! Shop about, tonnes of bargains available ATM :)

1ST1

Visit site
If I remember correctly, there was a thread on this seller and these saddles not long ago. You may want to read it if it's not removed (not good feedback I'm afraid).

TrasaM

Visit site
Ive been looking for a 2nd hand saddle too and came across these in my search. I've just started riding a new share horse and the saddle he had is awful. It doesn't fit me; puts me in chair position, ad it certainly does not fit him as it was far too wide and pressing on his withers and tilting at the back. Lots to chose from on preloved but don't know where to start:confused:

ILuvCowparsely

Visit site
No brand name??

For me I do not like the way all the girth all seem bunched up then spread out like a fan. Pulling tork to me seems too centralized, not even pull down,stirrup bars are wrong.

Also as others have mentioned you get what you pay for. I would rather get an older good make then a brand new unknown, as if it turns out wrong it will be harder to sell on and you will lose money as so many wont by unmarked saddles. IMO stay clear.

PS: if you check the feedback there is a negative one for this or a similar saddle

Last edited:

hayinamanger

Visit site
No, I wouldn't touch it. I looked at the girth straps first, they appear to be attached to the same piece of webbing, complete no-no, didn't need to look any further. As others have said, I would get a second hand Walsall saddle or a Thorowgood.

GrumpyMare

Visit site
Glad I didn't touch it, I looked at the price and to be honest that made me think to come and post here, to good to be true and all that jazz. Will keep purusing, did see a nice one on eBay the other night which was a GFS make, I don't know whether that's any good or not?? In an ideal world I'd have a western or stock saddle but I don't know of anywhere near me that will fit them :(

webble

Visit site
Glad I didn't touch it, I looked at the price and to be honest that made me think to come and post here, to good to be true and all that jazz. Will keep purusing, did see a nice one on eBay the other night which was a GFS make, I don't know whether that's any good or not?? In an ideal world I'd have a western or stock saddle but I don't know of anywhere near me that will fit them :(

GFS Genesis? They arent bad but I have heard people say they can be wonky :eek:

What sort of budget do you have and where in the world are you? Do you have saddlers nearby who could come out with a few second hand saddles? Or try a few from saddles direct and get the saddler out