Opinions on welfare of horses kept in London Riding Schools

JLF

Visit site
Hi all,

My name is Jaime Finch and I am a MSc. Equine Science student at Writtle College. As part of an Investigative Project, I am looking to seek public (horsey and non-horsey) opinions of horses that are kept in inner-London riding centres.

I have previously worked for a well known inner-London centre and am keen to research what opinions currently are of these centres and to see if any suggestions can be made in order to raise the profile of these yards. It is a short (less that 5 minute), anonymous questionnaire and I would be very grateful if you would be able to reply in order to help me increase my data pool.

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me on 98306846@writtle.ac.uk. Please click on the link below to complete.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1K3B...SXkO4/viewform

Many thanks,

Jaime

Theocat

Visit site
Done. It isn't very in-depth! Although that's better than the biased surveys we see too often ...

JLF

Visit site
Hi Theocat,

It's not designed as an in-depth survey as the main part of my research is an in-depth survey of the management systems in place at numerous inner-London yards.

The current public thinking is being put forwards as a supporting part of the research with recommendations of how to raise awareness based on what the views are within the general population with regards to welfare and management.

Thank you very much for filling in for me. It really is much appreciated.

JLF

Visit site
Just bumping this one final time as will be closing the questionnaire this week. Please note it is the second link.

Thank you to everyone that has responded so far. There has been a great uptake from equestrian organisational bodies regarding the results of this survey which is very exciting.

If you have any questions regarding the results, please send me an email on jaime.leigh.finch@gmail.com.

Best regards,

Jaime

Last edited: