Opinions please-Horsebox

D

Donkeymad

I believe they are a decent make and it looks OK to me, but I'm far from an expert!!

pagancluf

Visit site
Looks ok for price, bit high mileage, and must be a man selling as you would normally clean the floor off before taking a photo!! Do you know of a friend that is good with mechanical things to go have a look, or even an AA check to see if sound? good luck.

JM07

Visit site
you will need to have passed your test before 1997 to drive an LT50..

its done 290k, so check for some service history, check ramp/floor and chassis.

Amy_08

Visit site
Yes it is a man selling it. He said they hadn't got round to cleaning it yet! I would get someone to check it over first, but I am a bit worried about the mileage. He said he had no service history with it as he is a dealer. I passed my test in 96 so I'm ok to drive it.

*hic*

village idiot :D
Visit site
Seller is a few miles up the road from me and I will be passing their door on Tuesday and Wednesday. If you'd like any more pictures or info let me know - I don't suppose the dealer will mind.

Amy_08

Visit site
Thanks Jemima_too. He's emailed me some more photos and it looks ok (but you can never tell). Its just checking it out mechanically that I need to do. Do you know much about them-good/bad reputation?

Vicki_Krystal

vpequestrian.weebly.com
thats very cheap
confused.gif

my mechanic friend says they are ok if loaded properly.

cannot stand ones where the horses are sideways on but as your is forward facing it should be fine.

looks like a nice little lorry!

SSM

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Looks ok for price, bit high mileage, and must be a man selling as you would normally clean the floor off before taking a photo!! Do you know of a friend that is good with mechanical things to go have a look, or even an AA check to see if sound? good luck.

[/ QUOTE ]

See you do have OCD about sweeping!!!!!!!!!!!

NeilM

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Yes it is a man selling it. He said they hadn't got round to cleaning it yet!

[/ QUOTE ]

That's engineer / mechanic speak for " the thing is spotless, what's her problem"
grin.gif

VW's are very reliable, just phone a local VW / MAN dealer and ask about consumables like oil, air and fuel filters. Also servicing costs for an LT50.

*hic*

village idiot :D
Visit site
I know a couple of people who have lorries from them and who are pleased with them. My daughter's trainer has just done a deal on one from them which is very neat and tidy. *is jealous*

I've had work carried out by them in the past on a ramp and it was quickly and effectively done.