opinions please :) ( ill tell u why later ;)

calon

Visit site
hi thought id introduce our boy hes entire and will be 5 at the end of august honest opinions please??

hh.jpg

hhh.jpg

our 10 year old shetland
hhhhhhhhh.jpg

3 year old sec D gelding ( pic taken as a 2 year old )

hhhhhhhh.jpg

hh-1.jpg

10 year old sec d mare :)

gh-1.jpg

Last edited:

horsey mad matt

Visit site
looking really good and especially the little one looks sooo cute. is the 10yr sec mare the other sec d's dam?? they look quite alike and as you have her maybe you bred her?

Maesfen

Extremely Old Nag!
photobucket.com
Can I ask why you have the coloured and the Shetland so stretched out, they're not Welsh Cobs and it doesn't do much for them I'm afraid? I like the coloured but for me, I'd prefer him trimmed up, that hair does nothing for me, sorry. Like the 3 yr old too.

dozzie

Visit site
First one- dont like his backend.

Dont think blue is his colour...:D

The last one looks photoshopped.

What sort of comments did you want? :D

Are they all photoshopped?:D

nikkimariet

Visit site
Heavy set nags - generally not my type. But, I can appreciate that you have a lovely set of horses and ponies!! They all look lovely, and shiny and in good condition. Little Shetland is a proper cutie. My fave is the Section D gelding, he's lovely, not too heavy, not too hairy :)

Angelbones

Visit site
I'd be worried about the crest on the coloured in the 2nd pic and the weight of the Shetland? However, I appreciate you are into a different type of horse than I am, and I know zero about showing stuff. I do think they all scrub up well, and you obviously have success with them - so you'd best ignore little ol' me!

calon

Visit site
Thank all for your comments the reason i asked was really to see what comments w got about the coloured as someone was very crytical of his comfirmation the other day and i wondered how many of you would mention it no one did so cant be so bad eh
non of he pics are photo shopped lol
and sorry about he stance we do try and get them to stand correct for their type but at times they do strech too much.
one of you did mention not likeing his backend i admit it isnt he best but is improving with age and work .
They all do very well in the show ring and we have loads of fun with them love em to bits thanks again x

minesadouble

Visit site
I really like the coloured - he does seem to have bit of a 'slopey' back end and and low set on tail but this seems to be typical of that type and doesn't seem to stop them doing well.
And he difinitely has the 'wow' factor :)!

The D mare is a bit light of bone for me.

Like the black D.

They all look in super condition

foxy1

Visit site
If you post this in comp riders/ breeding you will get more knowledgeable replies.

Your coloured doesn't have a good enough back end to use him at stud IMO but you haven't said you are breeding from him.

calon

Visit site
Thanks agin guys for commenting
we dont dont really have him for breeding as such , but he does have some nice off spring from before we owned him ,we get asked quite a lot if people can use him and he does have two mares coming this year ,one of which had his foal a couple of years ago ,i plan to cover my sec d with him at some point ,he has the best temprement you could wish for he is such a genuine little horse ..
and your right he is a bit sloapy in his quaters but as i said he is improving so we do hope he will get a better bum as he ages,oddley it isnt his quaters that have been brought into question either and thats a fault we are def aware of .
the sec d mare has 8 ins of bone she does look light in the leg sometimes compared to other sec d s but she dosent carry much feather on her legs at all which can make them look to have more bone than they actually have if you see what i mean