Opinions please...

Solo1

Visit site
Horse had full lameness check up and vet saw nothing on lunge soft ground, trot up on hard and soft, only saw shuffling during lunge on hard ground. Put down to concussion in feet (but didn't react at all to hoof testers), farrier called etc. Said horse never been lame in its life and has an extremely high pain threshold.

Would you feel it was acceptable to lunge this horse on soft ground?

Sugar_and_Spice

Visit site
If its sore then it needs resting, but if resting is going to mean it maybe dies of laminitis or COPD or something then sore feet is the lesser of the evils so work it.

ofcourseyoucan

Visit site
i would rest said horse for 7 days then pick up work and do 14 days of pavement poundinf in walk, maybe intro ducing short trots on days 10 to 14! if still sound then resume normal work!

Dancing Queen

Visit site
Has the horse recently been shod/trimmed - if so has the farrier taken too much off and made him a bit foot sore? If he has been shod - potentially he may have the start of an abcess? You would need to remove shoe to be fully certain.

If none of the above relate to your current situation - then i would be tempted to get some x rays done. Maybe overkill but you can be 100% certain nothing is going on in the hoof and there are no fractures of the navicular bone etc.

As for lunging I wouldnt, If i had a sore ankle I wouldnt be happy if i was asked to run to the shops. Rest.