Opinions please

HBM1

Visit site
Hard to tell, do you have any non-ridden footage of him as it was quite distracting - any photos etc?

Spring Feather

Visit site
He seems very lightweight and a little too elegant for my tastes so he's not really my style of stallion. I prefer stallions with more bone and less showy, but I suspect he is only young and will fill out in time. He's free-moving which is good, although he looks like he could be a bit of a handful. Lots of people like finely built stallions and for what he is, he seems quite nice but he's just too light for me.

HBM1

Visit site
there are better photos of him on their website, according to that he is a 2008 boy. I like his outline over some of the jumps and in the movement photos they have on there. Not breeding again though so not really looking at it from that point of view.

elijahasgal

Visit site
He is elegant, but I honestly cant say why, but I really do not like him. He looks like a real hothead, may just be how he is being ridden

FfionWinnie

Visit site
How can anyone upload such rubbish videos, you wonder why they even bothered.

And the one of him lunging and the stirrups banging wildly off his sides, please!

Maesfen

Extremely Old Nag!
photobucket.com
How can anyone upload such rubbish videos, you wonder why they even bothered.

And the one of him lunging and the stirrups banging wildly off his sides, please!

Haven't looked at the videos but surely stirrups hanging and banging are all part of being broken in to get them used to legs and things flapping about them before a rider ever gets on board? Perhaps it was shown to demonstrate his unflappable nature, I don't know.
Always has been part of the process as long and before I was ever involved with horses and referred to many times in books about breaking in.

FfionWinnie

Visit site
Haven't looked at the videos but surely stirrups hanging and banging are all part of being broken in to get them used to legs and things flapping about them before a rider ever gets on board? Perhaps it was shown to demonstrate his unflappable nature, I don't know.
Always has been part of the process as long and before I was ever involved with horses and referred to many times in books about breaking in.

Really. Not something I have ever subjected a horse to and I don't know anyone else who would. Looked most unprofessional! I can think of many good ways to bomb proof a horse without bashing its ribs in with a stirrup iron.

HBM1

Visit site
Fairly much every horse I have seen backed has at one time or another had loose stirrups as mentioned. They barely bother about it. I find it odd some would object to this..yet wearing spurs is seen as ok.

lindsayH

Visit site
OP has previously posted about one of the stud's other stallions so assume he/she is connected in some way. FWIW although not my cup of tea, I think he looks very sweet. Agree that he looked like a lovely youngster and would like to see him under a different rider.

beautifulbeast

New User
Visit site
I'm not the owner but I know the horse and owner. It's not an advert in anyway as he isn't standing at stud nor is he for sale.
He is rising 5 and has been started very slowly, he has done next to no schooling, just hacking and this video was taken of his first time ridden in an indoor and the first time in over a year away from home.
His owner is not long back in the saddle after having twins, during the last 18 months he has been left to mature due to the pregnancy, arrival of the twins and lack of being able to find a decent rider to take over.
The video isn't the best quality but he is a lovely horse with a sympathetic rider who hasn't rushed him and I think they make a lovely partnership with a promising future.