Opps!

pottamus

Visit site
Trying to get ahead of myself for winter, so put my boys sweat rug in the washing machine. It has come out lovely...spotless and smells a whole lot nicer too...BUT the washing machine does not look too happy!!!! It is covered all over in black horse hair...opps!
Need to get it clean before the OH sees it and goes spare...any suggestions? I thought perhaps put it on for a wash with nothing in it to rinse some of the hair out????
blush.gif

_jetset_

Visit site
Yep... put a wash on with nothing in except some liquid and a little splodge of bleach. I was all of my sweat rugs, numnahs etc in mine (oops) and then just wash it though before OH sees!

tiggie

Visit site
Try wiping the hair out with a damp cloth and then doing an empty wash.Make sure that the next load you put in is not your smartest clothing just in case!

miller

Visit site
That's that handy thing with a horsey OH - he insisted I didn't wash my lads white brushing boots on their own but with his white work shirts - didn't moan once, just said oh it'll shake off when they're dry
grin.gif

As said above - just run it on a rince cycle - a wipe of with a damp cloth beforehand will get rid of alot

pottamus

Visit site
Sorted now thanks!!! Put it on for a wash and then wiped any excess hair away...destroyed the evidence so to speak!!!