options on him i think hes lovely and sec ds

AmyMay

Situation normal
Visit site
Wow, what a wonderful sounding horse.

Perhaps a little pricy. But if his halo is that shiny possibly worth every penny.

Scribbles

Visit site
I once had a ride of a sec D mare who cost £600 from the gypsies, and I absolutely loved her, and enjoyed riding her more than the £20,000 hunters on the yard. They are so full of life, so full of character and really comfy and smooth rides (if she was anything to go by anyway!)

M&M don't have age restrictions, D's are adult horses

AmyMay

Situation normal
Visit site
Well, firstly you have to be prepared to pay the amount they want (imo), but it's quite reasonalbe to offer around £700 less and go from there.

Mrs_Wishkabibble

Visit site
I like him but I am a bit biased. I have a TB X Welsh D and she is an absolute superstar. She has totally regained my confidence after umpteen bad falls and am now back jumping BSJA and getting placed Discovery height.
If he is as genuine as my girl he would be worth every penny.
Good luck
smile.gif

SpruceRI

Visit site
Why isn't it worth as much as a TB X? Based on it's record it would easily be capable of PN, maybe Novice and to go on in dressage.

I've seen other breeds of the same size with a lot less ability for £10k plus.

I think that's a fair price for what its done TBH

Flame_

Visit site
Just because its a native and its past ten. Welshies are cheaper than sports horses, particularly small ones. She'll get a nice eight year old welsh with a decent competition record for £5k easy I would think.

Bossanova

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Why isn't it worth as much as a TB X? Based on it's record it would easily be capable of PN, maybe Novice and to go on in dressage.

[/ QUOTE ]

An 11 year old with the 'potential' to go PN is not worth 7k.....

Kenzo

Visit site
Seems a nice talanted horse...despite being a native, despite being a welsh section D....it is a horse, just goes to show why some sucessful eventers have some Welsh in there breeding...oh yes.

The horse is worth what your prepaired to pay for it really, is it any less talanted mentally and physically than a TB etc competeing at the same level...course not.

I think because its a welsh cob, people dont really expect to pay that price for the job its being used for...probably because its the norm...but why not, would it it make you feel better if it said TB or ISH or WB/TB instead? would that be ok then?
confused.gif
grin.gif

If I was after a talanted Welshy, I'd feel alot better paying less, and making it to that level ourselves...but thats just me.
smile.gif

Carys

Visit site
I've got a D now and she's fab - haven't done anything affiliated (time/cost) but no reason why she wouldn't be capable of turning a hoof to most things. No age limit on these for M&M showing. Fun horses, usually good on road but not complete slugs. Think I'd offer around £6K if passed 5 stage VC in current market. Mine cost just under £2K age 3 and just backed/starting flat work. With that performance record I'd say definitely worth AT LEAST £5K.

ajn1610

Visit site
We have a Welsh D he is 19 been with us since he was four. He has been successful in M+MWH, M+M ridden, RC ODE Dressage and SJ, Le Trek, Endurance and will Hunt all day. He is an absolute superstar and so much fun to ride and own.
Ours wouldn't have done affiliated event but he is only small - 13.3 as he is an old type stamp and has a lot of C in his papers. Both I (28) and my Mum (58) still ride him, you certainly aren't too old. As for price he's worth what someone is prepared to pay for him, make an offer and see what they say.

Mrs_Wishkabibble

Visit site
Totally agree with Kenzo, it isnt always bout BE anyway.
If Kirst is looking for a safe allrounder it looks like it fits the bill.
I have always had TBs and my Welsh x is so much less maintainence! Never pulled a shoe in 2 years, never had a lame day and is exactly the same every day I ride her no matter what the weather or wherever I take her and she competes and wins against other flashy non natives!
IMO if it does what they say it does then it is worth the money all day long.
smile.gif

AmyMay

Situation normal
Visit site
It probably wouldn't have the scope to BE. But hell, who cares. If it's as genuine as it sounds, is a real confidence giver, and a turn it's hoof to anything type little horse - the type most of us want let's be honest - then whilst it may be pricey (and everything is up for negotiation), it's certainly worth a look.

It's the sort of horse I was looking for last year - and would have bitten their hand off for it.

Bet you anything that will be sold in days.....

Kenzo

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
We have a Welsh D he is 19 been with us since he was four. He has been successful in M+MWH, M+M ridden, RC ODE Dressage and SJ, Le Trek, Endurance and will Hunt all day. He is an absolute superstar and so much fun to ride and own.
Ours wouldn't have done affiliated event but he is only small - 13.3 as he is an old type stamp and has a lot of C in his papers. Both I (28) and my Mum (58) still ride him, you certainly aren't too old. As for price he's worth what someone is prepared to pay for him, make an offer and see what they say.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hang on a sec....I was actually bigging up Welshy's ...not knocking em lol!

My point was its a still a horse at the end of the day with as much stamina and athletism as any other horse (TB for example) at that level...hence light hearted comments (would it be ok if it was that price because it was a TB etc...)
smile.gif

but yeah, perhaps I'm just old fashioned, I'd rather pay less...but who wouldnt
grin.gif

ajn1610

Visit site
Sorry I didn't think you were Kenzo! Wasn't having a go I totally agree with everything you said, people are often snobby about ponies/cobs/natives but lots of the ones I know would knock plenty of 'proper' horses into a cocked hat on value for money fun and personality if nothing else.
If you like it and it can do what you want then great. It may not be badminton bound but hey what is?? At 15h with a decent pop in it should be able to go up to Novice which is all most people would want to do anyway.

Visit site
I think he looks like a really nice sort, I had a Welsh D up until 2 years ago, he was absolutly stunning but had the worst temperment but like everything, they are not all the same. I wouldnt say that he is overly priced for what he has done as he seems to have a lot of potential. But then again he is only worth what somebody is willing to pay so if you go and see him and dont think he is worth it then offer what you think he is worth.

carys220

Visit site
Nice looking horse, optimistically priced.....but to be totally honest......I don't think it would do well in M&M showing, it isn't really the nice cobby type the judges go for....I might get shot down for that though!

Twinkletoes

Visit site
Friends sold a similar GG in the spring, although he was only 7, and he went for an offer just under 6k. IMO 4k offer wouldnt be unreasonable. Good luck

Starbucks

Visit site
He looks lovely, I love welsh cobs!!!
smile.gif

I also think he is slightly expensive, just because he is 15hh and 11, but I might be wrong, ponies fetch enough!!

I disagree with AmyMay that he wouldn't have the scope for BE, aren't PC intermediate about PN height anyway???

D

Donkeymad

Was thinking the same, not really a great show horse IMHO. Otherwise, a very nice horse and I would say £7k was the most I'd pay, robably more like £6k

trendybraincell

Visit site
Section D's are great!! Tri_Konj don't think he'd go to the top of the line up at high county level shows, but I reckon he'd do reasonably well.

But I'm with the others, considering his age I would have thought he was overpriced. I'd offer 6 tops

star

Visit site
i paid 4k 6mths ago for my 6yr old section D who's been nowhere, done nothing and has serious issues about show-jumps and anything else scary in the world. i bought him for his paces - he has the potential to be an amazing dressage pony if he gets his head round white boards.

i'd say 6k for that pony would be fair enough, so why not advertise at 7k. he sounds fab.