Orange horse does XC schooling at Tweseldown

star

Visit site
https://youtu.be/IpFBvKT-aak

At this rate we are going to end up at Badminton without a prep run! First, Tweseldown cancelled. Then I withdrew from Goring as were 594th to go of the weekend and I knew the ground wouldn't suit him - post event reports confirmed my suspicions. Now SOE have cancelled and I'm left with only Hambleden before Badders - that's assuming I survive the ballot and it doesn't get cancelled! I have bravely entered the 100+ too having assumed we would get a couple of runs before then - oh dear - straight in at 100+ we go (having never done one before!) - guess good practice for Badminton. We haven't had a run since beginning of September last year - not panicing at all!

So, today we went to Tweseldown for some schooling. He is just the most fun ever - bombed round over much more technical stuff than we're going to find in any 100 - great Badminton practice. No naughty left run outs - he dumped me in my lesson with Chris Burton on Wednesday - that wasn't embarassing at all! Acute left angled upright, 2 strides after a right angled one, all of about 2ft6 and he was in a perfect position to jump and just ran down the fenceline throwing me over the top. He is so cheeky. Chris couldn't believe he even bothered to do it having watched us jump round a 1m25 course at Coombelands a few weeks ago! He got on and made sure he knew his job - he was certainly on the ball today - let's hope it lasts!

4faults

Visit site
Oh dear you're not having much luck are you! Sincerely hope you get a run before Badminton. Haven't watched the video but sounds like today was good. What a cheeky boy! They are sent to test us at times aren't they!

FunkyFilly28

Visit site
He looks fab! Didn't seem phased by any of those more technical fences. Hope you don't get balloted out of Hambleden and good luck for Badders!

LeannePip

Visit site
That all looked so easy and effortless!

Fingers X'D for Hambledon and Good Luck at Badminton! Hope the weather is better for you this year than last year!

JFTDWS

Visit site
He looks super in the video - doesn't look like anything fazed you! Good luck for Hambledon (and Badminton!).

LouisCat

Visit site
Gosh he looks so happy! I love the way he really enjoys pinging off the slightly longer stride into a fence :)

PorkChop

Visit site
He is such a fab horse and you are a lovely partnership :)

Don't worry about not having a prep, I think Pippa Funnell went to a 3 or 4 star once without having jumped a cross country fence!

As long as you have had a couple of schooling sessions you will be fine, and it may well work in your favour, sometimes I think we over do things with an established horse - have an absolute blast and I look forward to reading your report :)

monte1

Visit site
Love the video, he is looking super, and as others have said you both make it look so effortless ;-)
but we all know it isn't so easy !!

star

Visit site
Going to do some more Advanced Mediums on Saturday instead of South of England. Bet there won't be many there who were doing Novice XC at Tweseldown a few days previously lol.

star

Visit site
Gosh he looks so happy! I love the way he really enjoys pinging off the slightly longer stride into a fence :)

He doesn't like getting too close - he's 17 now and has the start of some arthritis in his hocks so close is much harder for him. Plus he has always liked to jump with his neck stretched out like a steeplechaser!

star

Visit site
He is such a fab horse and you are a lovely partnership :)

Don't worry about not having a prep, I think Pippa Funnell went to a 3 or 4 star once without having jumped a cross country fence!

As long as you have had a couple of schooling sessions you will be fine, and it may well work in your favour, sometimes I think we over do things with an established horse - have an absolute blast and I look forward to reading your report :)

Thanks! I hope so. He certainly knows his job and this will be his 3rd year at Badminton so hopefully he remembers the place!

JennBags

HHOSS Wonder Woman
Visit site
Lovely video, he does make them look very easy, such a super horse. If I weren't stewarding for local rc dressage on Sunday I'd have come and cheered you on at Coombelands. Glad you've got into Hambleden, now just praying for some better weather for you.