Organising clinics for international trainer in UK

Jade Holleman

Visit site
Hi everyone, I am moving back to the UK from The Netherlands next year some time and would really like to organise some 2 day clinics with my current trainer Ron Smeets. He is based in The Netherlands but teaches in America, Germany, Sweden and Norway. I will be moving back to Norfolk but I am looking at organising clinics in the east region. I was wondering if anyone would be interested in some really good dressage training? I have trained with Paul Fielder, Conrad Schumacher and Hans Rueben and I have to say Ron is incredible with his training and has a genuine interest in his pupils progression. I just need to find a venue and enough people to be interested.

cundlegreen

Visit site
I'd be interested. Have you thought about hiring Earlsway Farm? International sized indoor arena and good outdoor, with a very nice viewing gallery. They have charitable status, and for an individual, the hire fee is very reasonable. Also Topthorne arena, although they are very busy with something going on nearly every day. Both of these are in east Suffolk.

Jade Holleman

Visit site
Yes I was thinking Earlsway but I know Debbie already has a trainer coming there. I will ask her about hiring the place and see what she says. I need to fill 24 spaces over 2 days and I would take up 4 so there would be 20 spaces. I noticed Topthorne but they are very busy. I also need to keep the cost reasonable so its not too expensive for people.....maybe in the summer months we could hold it outside and winter inside. Just throwing the idea about. :)

Herts05

Visit site
The BD Forum has an Events page where people regularly post clinics. Once you have a venue and dates you can put on there at no charge.

imr

Visit site
Lots of the venues in the area hire out arenas - brook farm, norton heath, for example. I would also contact the RDO for the eastern region - katharine perry as she may have some ideas and she will put it up on the regional activity page.

Jade Holleman

Visit site
Easton college is very expensive I don't think people will want to pay £60 for a lesson then £80 for school hire. Getting in contact with Katherine is a good idea imr, she might have some good ideas.

imr

Visit site
I cant rememeber how much Norton Heath school hire is( its definitely not £80 an hour) but it is more than brook farm - last time I went to a clinic at brook farm the school hire was pretty reasonable - i think around £15 an hour which isnt too bad at all and good arenas and facilities. Katharine's details are on the BD regional pages if you need them too. hth