Osteoarthritis in the competition horse - opinions

Visit site
I'm currently jotting down notes and trying to narrow down my queries on osteoarthritis, so that I can start to be more specific in planning my dissertation.

Would be interested to hear on peoples personal experiences with osteoarthritis in their competition horses? I've not yet decided on a specific discipline, but what are people's views on the treatment they've been offered/aware of being available? Do you cut back on level of work? What treatment/riding is taking place 5 years plus down the line of being diagnosed?

Thanks in advance for any help, will be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

laceyloosmith

New User
Visit site
Hi, I saw this post and taken me a while to function with a computer to reply, but would love more research on how to fuse the bones. I have a dressage horse and he was diagnosed with osteoarthritis one year after purchase and he was 7 years old. He is now 14 and since 10 he has only been sound enough for hacking all though up until 10 we competed with injections but theyve slowly stopped working. i cant have the op done as he will have a mechanical gait and he is now on tildren which I'm not yet sure on.