Oswestry Equestrian centre

black mustang

New User
Visit site
I see in the local Oswestry Advertiser Newspaper that Oswestry Equestrian Centre is having to close because a huge wind turbine has been built in the next field what a shame it says that there business has been ruined because of it.

Nugget La Poneh

Visit site
Don't see how? I've ridden on the continent where there are turbines, and it was never a problem.

Unless the B&B side was keeping it afloat and that's possibly been affected - however their FB doesn't suggest they are closing?

black mustang

New User
Visit site
I not from that area so I dont know,some freinds of ours were in the area recently and they heard about it from the owner of a local hotel who persuaded them to stay at his hotel rather than a bb,so they assumed he owned the centre.there seems to be very few equestrian centres left now sad.

Nugget La Poneh

Visit site
I not from that area so I dont know,some freinds of ours were in the area recently and they heard about it from the owner of a local hotel who persuaded them to stay at his hotel rather than a bb,so they assumed he owned the centre.there seems to be very few equestrian centres left now sad.

If this is how the information was given, then this is your answer - simple case of rumour spreading. Really not a professional way in which to conduct business in the case of the 'rival' accommodation provider though.

In your OP you said it was in the paper though?

As there is nothing obvious coming up to ratify the rumour (other than this thread) I would be unhappy as the owner of the centre that this information is being spread.

ecarr

New User
Visit site
This post is a real case of "send three and four pence, we're going to a dance"! Let me reassure you OEC is open and busy! I keep my horses and do some teaching there. I also live in a village close by where a local farm is proposing installing wind turbines and solar panels. This is not even at the planning application stage and may never happen. There is local opposition because of the possible detriment to a very beautifu area, with the building of access roads and power lines. OEC is a thriving BHS riding centre and livery yard and has this week also become a BRC centre. It also has a very popular B and B, situated as it is, right on the long distance path on Offa's Dyke. Most of us in the area would rather not have wind turbines and thousands of solar panels all over our lovely hills, as people come from far and wide to walk and ride our ancient drovers roads and bridleways and enjoy the unspoilt natural beauty. Check out Oswestry EC's website and fb page to get an idea if just how lovely it is.