ouch!

Pidge

Visit site
Well after a crap couple of days - should have been Dave's 40th birthday on Friday and really didn't cope very well - had a nice ride on Friday night. Jumped on Saturday and jumped the 2'6" a frame rustic jump, which I was really chuffed about as it's quite big for me! Did run out twice beforehand as if I'm not sure then neither is Pidge, but perservered and jumped it in the end
grin.gif
Had a lesson yesterday and had been leaning forward too much jumping so have been concentrating on sitting up more, to the point where I am sitting up too much, even over the jump, so just can't seem to get a happy medium
frown.gif
Then to top a crap couple of days I came off as was playing with my position and I really didn't know what I was doing hence neither did Pidge! Ouch landed on my left butt cheek on the pole so now have 2 nice bruises there.
Question: I had thought I was doing really well confidence wise with my jumping and had actually jumped a 2'6" course a month or so ago with only one stop. Do I continue with my confidence issues or concentrate on my position? I now feel about 2" tall especially as after coming off friend jumped on Pidge and it was like "I didn't know my horse could go like that" I did get back on and jumped the same jump a couple of times. Am I just feeling like this because its a bad time of year with Dave or am I just useless?
confused.gif

Claireg9

Visit site
I kinda know where your coming from.. in my experience concentrat on your confidence and the position will come, if you have no confidence your position will be rigid and incorrect anyway, so long as you remember to give the rein over the fence it doesnt matter if you get left behind or over fold at the height your doing, so get your confidence girl you can do it!

bellaboo

Visit site
Hi there, same thing happened to me, was getting really confident jumping then took a fall and things are not so good now! I also lean to far forward so am gonna concentrate on some work without stirrups and do a little bit of gridwork and see how it goes! never jump bigger than 2ft 6 away just want to go back to enjoying it! hope things go well for you
smile.gif

Pidge

Visit site
Thanks both that makes me feel better, will continue to concentrate on my confidence and the rest will come later
grin.gif