Our first BE report pics & video

Eventrider92

Visit site
As a few of you gave me some advice for my first BE and asked for a report in return here it is ....

Arrived early ( or so I thought ) in the pouring pouring rain ! I was almost last on to go round on the day ! Went off and got my number etc then came back and got my horse ready , had trouble getting the rubber stud blocks out but finally got there with 15 mins before my dressage !!! Huge rush and we literally had two mins warm up but we came away with a score of 38.5 which I was very pleased with considering he takes a while to work nicely when warming up .

Then onto showjumping , not so rushed now ! Although didn't get a chance to walk the course so watched a few riders go round: probably lucky I didn't walk it as some of the fences were huge but didn't look so big once I was on board ! Had a good amount of time to warm up , popped a few jumps and then we were in .
He jumped his best round yet ! Almost got catapulted out of the saddle going over one of the big spreads ( found his wings at last !) and jumped a lovely clear round.

Then only half an hour until XC, rushed back to trailer , changed kit and off to the warm up , popped the XC warm up fence a few times then we were called in ready to go ...
He was brilliant despite the going being pretty rough by now we took it at a good pace , ended up clear but with 12 time faults .

Overall I was very very happy we came 18th out of 30 in our section.

Here's the video of our day

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51mS66L6xd4

MardyMare

Visit site
Well done - lovely horse and a super picture. I recently did my first BE event and so I can understand the high you must on having completed it all and under such awful weather conditions. :)

Rosiefan

Visit site
Congratulations to you and your lovely boy. No mean feat, an under 40 dressage and a DC at your very first BE event. Are you hooked now? I bet you are ;)

LFD

Visit site
Wow - you did great! I also did my first BE at the weekend. I didn't get on as well as you, 48 in my dressage, 2 down in the SJ but clear XC. It was a lot to take in for me and my horse (he is only 6) but I loved every minute. Do you have more planned this season? I can't wait to try again and improve my shocking dressage score ;-)

Nicnac

Visit site
Brilliant! Great result and love the photo over the house - you both look like you're loving it despite the atrocious weather.

Eventrider92

Visit site
Wow - you did great! I also did my first BE at the weekend. I didn't get on as well as you, 48 in my dressage, 2 down in the SJ but clear XC. It was a lot to take in for me and my horse (he is only 6) but I loved every minute. Do you have more planned this season? I can't wait to try again and improve my shocking dressage score ;-)

Thank you !! Mine is only 6 too hehe, we have a few Unaff ODEs coming up then another BE in sept . You will get there with the dressage I thought mine was shocking but the secret is to be as accurate as possible with the transitions !

monte1

Visit site
well done, great results for your first ever BE event. loving the photo, you both look like you are having the best time, despite the wet weather. look forward to reading your next report :))

LFD

Visit site
Thank you !! Mine is only 6 too hehe, we have a few Unaff ODEs coming up then another BE in sept . You will get there with the dressage I thought mine was shocking but the secret is to be as accurate as possible with the transitions !

Good tip! My boy thought he was at party with all the other horses so didn't want to think about dressage. There is a local monthly unaff dressage through the summer so we'll definitely be going along to practice!!

Eventrider92

Visit site
Good tip! My boy thought he was at party with all the other horses so didn't want to think about dressage. There is a local monthly unaff dressage through the summer so we'll definitely be going along to practice!!

Yes good idea I'm sure the more you do the more used to it he will become :)