Our first HUNTER TRIAL

Paint Me Proud

Visit site
Today saw Kasper and I set off for our first ever hunter trial.
We've been training once a month but have never competed before.

It was a very hot sunny day and despite being boiling hot in my many layers of body protector and airvest etc Kasper and I were both keen to go.

kasperhuntertrial_zps8ef48eb6.jpg

Video below will show our round - although editted out we did get two refusals, one at the first jump and one at the second jump as Kasper wasnt sure he wanted to leave the other horses! ;) We also did the water twice as he was supposed to jump in but decided to take the easy option ramp instead, clever horse, lol.

[Content removed]
kasperhuntertrial2130414_zpsb1a03ba2.jpg

[youtube]4-hysAICGtA[/youtube]

(If the mood takes you you can look on my other youtube videos to find the raw and uncut version complete with original sound.)

Loved every minute of it, cant wait to go again!

Over all a very enjoyable day.

Last edited by a moderator:

hobo

Visit site
Excellent well done. Is it how you have edited it but your head does not move while he is bounding along. I can not imagine my head being so still lol.

Paint Me Proud

Visit site
Excellent well done. Is it how you have edited it but your head does not move while he is bounding along. I can not imagine my head being so still lol.

no it is genuinely that still. Thats what people always comment on and I have no explanation as to why!

Annagain

Visit site
Great video. Well done. What a lovely course. We're so used to xc being across fields it's really different to see one that goes through woodland like that. How you didn't get lost though I'll never work out! I think I'd still be in the middle of the trees trying to find my way out!

Paint Me Proud

Visit site
How you didn't get lost though I'll never work out! I think I'd still be in the middle of the trees trying to find my way out!

I school on the course once a month and had walked the course so I was fairly confident of the route, although Kasper decided that a sharp left turn was in order after the bank which I was not expecting!

Had a really silly stop at the water (as I'd been saying we would have no problems at the water I didn't ride it!) but otherwise flew round clear, very pleased. It's such a lovely course though.

Well done, we had a refusal at the first and second jumps, think a combination of me being nervous and him not wanting to leave the other horses. Then we also missed the jump down into the water, talking the ramp instead, but i took him round and he did it second time.
Cant wait for my class results to go up though, know i wont have placed but want to see what the optimum time was.

Girlracer

Visit site
Well done, we had a refusal at the first and second jumps, think a combination of me being nervous and him not wanting to leave the other horses. Then we also missed the jump down into the water, talking the ramp instead, but i took him round and he did it second time.
Cant wait for my class results to go up though, know i wont have placed but want to see what the optimum time was.

Yes I was really worried about the first two as so many were having problems even getting out of the gate! I really expected to stop at the first two also, I don't think you were alone in that!

Yes my results are up, I was 9 seconds off the optimum time and I trotted round most the timed section! So I expect I would have been way too fast had I been cantering XC speed!

biggingerpony

Visit site
Wow well done that looks great! It makes me very jealous, I want to go XC! Love your vids and his ears are adorable he looks like he's loving it!