Our first official BD outing

mrsh2010

Visit site
I've had a go at two BD prelims prior to registering and we got 63 and 65% - but yesterday we entered our first two Q classes now that we have got our registration cards and wow what a day!!

(Sorry no pictures - my sister was away!)

First test was Prelim 15, if I'm honest it's not a test I enjoy as I find it boring, but I came out thinking it was a reasonable test, few tiny tweaks but I was pleased with how it felt. I was absolutely over the moon to when I saw my score 67.15% and 3rd place!!

Then was P17, I really like this new test. He was starting to feel a little tired on me, so I gave him a loose rein and waited to go in, the lady before me kindly warned me about the patch of sunlight (our first test was outside - this one inside), but it was actually the judges sat right at the very edge of the arena that spooked him more. Went by again in trot after letting him have a look then the bell rang, headed down towards the patch of sunlight, wondering what he would do, and no response, so off up the centre line we went… I came out feeling pleased with our results, was expecting to get less than our first test due to what felt in places likes lack of oomph. But my chin fell as I read down the results, 71.15%!! Our highest ever mark and on what was our debut at BD!! My chin then fell even more when I got my test sheet to see a 9(!!!) for our centre line and three 8s on our sheet as well!! And we came 2nd!!

Cookies to all - sorry had to share my excitement- my accounting colleagues don't quite understand why I'm grinning so much today and I think my husband and family are fed up of hearing me repeat "a 9... we got a 9!!"

khalswitz

Visit site
Well done!!!! What a fab score - and a 9 as well!!! Looks like a good omen for future BD ;) We're going to our BD debut next month - so fingers crossed we do as well as you have!!

mrsh2010

Visit site
Thanks everyone!! I've got my test on video and just keep watching the centre line, I think he just locked on to the judge that he was supposedly scared of!! We've never managed it so straight!!

mrsh2010

Visit site
Thanks!

I will say good luck and enjoy!!

BD competitors certainly seem friendlier so far! The judges can be harsher, think that's why I was sooo surprised yesterday! I love it!