Our first rossie, and it's a red one!

star

Visit site
Fabby pony is coming on so nicely. Done 2 shows so far, just dressage, nice and low key. Today was his first real show and it was really busy. He was wired coming off the trailer but settled fine when I got on him.

Started with walk and trot dressage test. He was still pretty tense and spooky, but did some lovely walk work. Just gotta keep getting him out and showing him that white boards dont bite! Judge was marking on the rather generous side and gave him 72.2% and we came 4th - 8's for his walk work, final halt and my riding
laugh.gif

Then we did our 1st show class - ridden M&M. He was so well behaved - there were kids on ponies going in all directions, bucking, napping, bolting etc and he just carried on. The only time he's cantered in that much company before has been hunting! He didn't bat an eyelid. Was pulled in 2nd and he was a bit impatient in the line-up to begin with, then settled nicely. Individual show went ok. Didn't really get big trot, just cantered, but we're only just learning that. Even got a bit of a gallop, although it was rather untidy, but he went and came back and finished very nicely. Well, we only got pulled in 1st after that
grin.gif
Amazed. 1st ever rossie (W&T results weren't out then!) and a red one. Really chuffed with him.

Finished with in-hand M&M and he was a bit tired by now, but still showed off his spanking trot. He's just not carrying enough condition yet to do well. Came 4th.

So, started the day with no rossies and finished with 4 as we also got an ickle one just for going as it was a charity show. Pics here - loads of them:

http://good-times.webshots.com/album/565511410CSuGyU

Also, some piccies from my lesson yesterday - he was really settled and produced some really good work. Very pleased with how he's coming on.
http://good-times.webshots.com/album/565514267HLGTxs

some of my fave pics:

star

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Fantastic pics (and going well in a double bridle as well)!!
Well done,

Fiona

[/ QUOTE ]

:whispersquietly: it's a rugby pelham with a french link mouthpiece - to him it feels just the same as his frenchlink
grin.gif
he's not ready for a double yet.

Alibear

Visit site
Yay well done Llewi , it's fun getting these guys out and about to their first parties isn't it.
I've done more showing this year than I've done in my entire life before, and we haven't been out much this year either!

star

Visit site
it's certainly interesting. my old boy was so chilled out at shows. it's weird having to deal with a highly strung youngster but it's good doing all these new things with him and seeing him progress.