Our first show together --- qualified for Blair! Pics

lelabell

Visit site
So since I got my horse Goose he has been out of action now for 3.5months due to a broken knee! I have no luck with horses :(
So yesterday I took a friends horse that I look after to my local show.
She's a 15.1hh 7yo chestnut mare ex racehorse and slightly wired to the moon :rolleyes: funnily enough!
I was so dizzy! We must have circled about 20million times and I feel as if I've walked 20miles in the mean time.
We entered the hack/light riding horse class in hand and there was 3 in the class, all much bigger than little Pheonix, we came 3rd but the judge said not to be upset by coming last as the "selection wasn't great".
I was just happy that she behaved and didn't squeal and canter sideways!!
We then went into the Ex Racer in hand class and there was 4 of us. She was impeccably behaved apart from the whole standing still thing. I went through a whole pocket of sweeties!
Well didn't we come 2nd!! Which meant we qualified for Blair!!! OMG OMG OMG!

Ive never had a horse qualify for Blair so have no idea how it works for entering etc.
just thought id share my good luck for once!

Visit site
Well done!

Blair Sunday Schedule will be online within the next fortnight so you can download it and enter from there. I'll see you there!

lelabell

Visit site
Thanks!
Gooses knee had shown significant improvement in the first 3 months, so the next 3 months is to make sure nothing goes wrong.

I'm peeing my pants about Blair! Going to have to get some calmer into her before then haha!

I had an ex racer who got put down in January. She was only 5. Complete opposite to Pheonix. Lil was 16.3 with 8" bone, a 54" girth and weighed 630kg! Big girly.. Pheonix is only 15.1 haha!

Visit site
Blair upsets a lot of horses as they are in the busy rings surrounded by shops and show jumping. Plus this year is the Europeans so it will be even busier!

Suziq77

Visit site
Happily though Blair isn't until September and its only May atm so you've got three whole months to get out to lots of local shows to get her used to the atmosphere!

Well done OP and good luck for Blair!

Irishdan

Visit site
Beautiful horse! Good luck at Blair. Im in your area with an ex racer too but still not plucked up the courage to get her out and about :)