Our idiot townie neighbours

Pebble101

Visit site
Ban helium balloons too. I refused to buy one at the church fete, they don't let people litter their churchyard with confetti so why is releasing balloons to see which goes furthest any different?

Pedantic

Visit site
I hate neighbours, in general. They think they can impact on other people and their property without reason. The lanterns should be banned without doubt. Our neighbours property discharges sewage effluent into our field and there seems to be nothing we can do about it.

Really !!!, I think I would be discharging it straight back to the owners.

peaceandquiet1

Visit site
Really !!!, I think I would be discharging it straight back to the owners.

Easier said than done sadly, as the ground slopes down to our field and their septic tank just discharges into their garden as there is no outlet for it and neighbours won't pay us to allow drain and solicitor has told us not to allow them in anyway, husband has created a dam but it stills seeps in and the field ain't nice :(

pennyturner

Visit site
Horsemadmum, Your local council should be able to help you. They'll send out an Environmental Health person, and they have the power to enforce. The rules on this are really clear and strict. The only thing that you can't stop coming onto your land is ordinary drainage. Any kind of waste or contamination is a different matter.

peaceandquiet1

Visit site
Horsemadmum, Your local council should be able to help you. They'll send out an Environmental Health person, and they have the power to enforce. The rules on this are really clear and strict. The only thing that you can't stop coming onto your land is ordinary drainage. Any kind of waste or contamination is a different matter.

Sadly SEPA (we are in Scotland) thinks we are the problem as they have issued permission for the effluent to drain through our field and they don't support our position that the neighbours need our permission to drain through our land!

Honey08

Waffled a lot!
Visit site
Funnily enough (well actually not funny at all) the above neighbours that this thread was about have just today "extended their soak away" so that it is not going straight into our field gateway, because it was leaking across their garden. I am livid. I want to bury them in their septic tank. My dad, who lives in the third house in this hamlet, and who sold them the house, is going round tomorrow to tell them it's not on. I think he knows I will have a blue fit, so he didn't want me to go.

Haz:)

Visit site
I live in town ( don't call me a townie - I hate it here and would jump at the offer to live back in a rural village !! ) and saw someone let them go a few weeks ago. Gave me a fright as I couldn't figure what it was at first. They are ridiculously dangerous, some people have no common sense!

alison247

Visit site
Easier said than done sadly, as the ground slopes down to our field and their septic tank just discharges into their garden as there is no outlet for it and neighbours won't pay us to allow drain and solicitor has told us not to allow them in anyway, husband has created a dam but it stills seeps in and the field ain't nice :(

We have this too! been here 18years and all our neighbours have emptied(pumped) raw sewage onto our land. EH and solicitors both ignored. One neighbour has her own horses (on a livery yard) and is CID!!!!

peaceandquiet1

Visit site
alison247 our latest occupiers of the house next door offered us a paltry sum for a piece of ground to run a pipe through. they didn't grasp that the pipe would then discharge into the next neighbours field.....people like that think fields are for communal use regardless of ownership!!!!

rowan666

Visit site
It's not just townies, a few weeks ago my sister let some of these things off in memory of a little boy who died (not even sure if she knew him) on the farm between two open sided straw barns infront of a field full of wheat on a dry but windy day!!!! But It was me that came under fire for commenting on the pics she uploaded to Facebook that it was highly irresponsible and that they appear to be drifting over towards the horses field where my friend had two horses in wooden stables and that she had better go and check they havnt landed there or there would be hell to pay. These things really do need banning

Last edited: