Our Nurstead PN Report

archoak

Visit site
Had a great weekend, stabled at a lovely yard, nice big stable and Duke didn't eat the straw
grin.gif
Have just got back and am really tired but well done to Holly-Jane and Saf - just read your posts. Dressage was quite harsh, we got a 3
blush.gif
for cantering on the wrong leg although was quickly rectified and total score was 39.5
frown.gif
but Jack was philosophical. Onto sj (on a slope) and Duke was fab, really listened and they just had the last one down (Jack's fault) but Duke really listened today
smile.gif
We usually seem to get 8 faults so really pleased.

When we walked the xc yesterday I thought it was quite technical and a fair test, quite a few of the Novice track in the PN plus quite hilly. Duke just stormed it
grin.gif
and they came in under the optimum time which was a first. Had a slightly sticky moment (commentators words) at the hanging log before the slope, Duke did a humungous jump and they landed half way down
grin.gif
Jack said it was a bit of a shock but really good fun - glad I couldn't see
blush.gif
Ended up 14th and really set them up for their first Novice next weekend. Thanks for reading
laugh.gif

monkeymad

Visit site
Well done! I was also there today, bit of a poo dressage and 2 down sj, but had an amazing xc and still on a high, one of those rounds where you seem to meet every fence on a good stride and we both agreed on where to take off!! It was a lovely course for bold, onward riding and weren't we sooo lucky with the weather, the forecast was rather different!!

HammieHamlet

Visit site
THats a fab result - I was there too today in section H....must admit, that last pole in the SJ was definately the bogey fence!

Im still buzzing...got to be one of the nicest courses, and although looks pretty daunting to walk round, it rides superbly - I almost wished I had done the Novice with so many of the PN jumps being the same (although I wouldnt have fancied that Corner!!
crazy.gif
)

laugh.gif