Our RIHS

FMM

www.absolutelymad.co.uk
Very busy week with lots of horses competing.

First up were Dinger (The Humdinger), Squiggly (Carnaby Street) and Jack (Jigsaw Jack) in the coloureds on the Tuesday. Very hot - and 100s of horses entered. THe classes started first thing in the morning and we finally left the showround at just gone 6.30pm - and they ONLY had coloured showing that day!!!

Squiggly and Jack did the LW plaited class - called in something like 3rd and 5th. Squiggly is only 4 ad still a baby - ended up about 7th and Jack came up to 3rd (second year in a row for him!) so very pleased with both of them.

Dinger was the last class in - he went really well for Jayne and was called in top - went amazingly for the judge - superb gallop - and ended up 1st. He then won the horse championship and then the overall coloured supreme (for the second year in a row) - what a horse he is!!!

On hunter day the LW novice (Tim) ended up 3rd, the MW, Blarney (Standing Ovation) (ridden by his owner) came second - fantastic result for their first season together, and Boots (Silverstream) came 2nd - so good results for the "big boys".

Riding horse day - the small, Hugo (Jackson Fair and Square) came 3rd, and The Philanderer came top in the larges. He then went on to win the championship so again, very happy with him.

Cob day - I finally get to ride DInger! Very strong class with all the top horses of the season present. We had 3 entered - Darcy (Darcy Bustle), Dinger and Chad (Incobnito).

Darcy was called in second and Dinger in 4th - after the judge ride and conformation Darcy stayed second and Dinger went up to 3rd - amazing result as there were sooo many pro riders and cobs below him. In the championship Darcy was reserve which is a fab result for a horse with few miles under her belt and only a 5 year old being in the main ring for the first time.

dingerrihs-1.jpg

thanks for the pic CHarlie!

Then the Supreme Horse of RIHS. Both Dinger (as the coloured champion) and Phil (as riding horse champion) qualified as 2 of the 6 forward. Jayne rode both of them. THe order ended up

6th - The Arab
- 4th - Dinger and Golder Gunner (hack)
3rd - Loughleen Dancing Lord (Robert Oliver's hunter)
2nd - Tommy Tucker (champion cob)

1st and Supreme Champion - THe Philanderer!!!

Cue lots of pimms!!!

supreme.jpg

miss_c

Visit site
Brilliant! I saw the results and thought 'ooooh!!!!' when I read them. You look so happy riding Dinger in the photo. :D I always look way too serious when I'm showing, and that's at local level, I can only dream of getting to the level you're at!

CONGRATS!

FMM

www.absolutelymad.co.uk
Brilliant! I saw the results and thought 'ooooh!!!!' when I read them. You look so happy riding Dinger in the photo. :D I always look way too serious when I'm showing, and that's at local level, I can only dream of getting to the level you're at!

CONGRATS!

Thanks - I am always happy riding Dinger - he is such fun to ride!!! Anyway - if you smile it makes you relax so that can't be a bad thing ...

camilla4

Visit site
I don't think those results come as much of a surprise to most of us!!! :) Well done to the whole team - and if you ever need to give The Philanderer a good home.....?!!

flyingfeet

Visit site
So what makes Phil so good? Is it movement or presence, the ride he gives (or everything!)

I couldn't believe the picture you posted of him roughed off was the same horse!!!

Anyway well done! From being at Hickstead all week I do now believe showing people are totally bonkers. They seem to be up at 4am scrubbing their horses everyday, before plastering them with all manner of lotions and potions!:D

Gleeful Imp

Visit site
Absolutely wonderful - I totally fell for Dinger at HOYS last year when he got his perfect 10, and I am looking forward to seeing your crew there this year. Not seen Darcy in the flesh yet but I'm hoping too!

Please let us know who'll be in the cob and coloured classes at HOYS this year so we can be ready to root for you!

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

FMM

www.absolutelymad.co.uk
Hey - thanks for all your support - it is much appreciated!

Phil - Jayne says that it is like sitting on a hovercraft when you ride him - just like gliding!

Add to that his eye catching good looks and excellent conformation, plus the fact that he is a good colour (yes, every little bit helps!) and his lovely paces makes him one of the most exceptional show horses in the past few years.

But I STILL prefer Dinger (of course!!!!)

appylass

Visit site
Very many congratulations, I love hearing about your successes and seeing pictures of your lovely horses, what I like most is that they always look as if they are really enjoying it all too.

bliss87

Visit site
6th would be malcom ridden by andrea boyle, not bad getting into the supreme for a 17yr old horse and a woman who had her replacement op at the start of year and got told she may not ride again