out of intrest..........

Malibu

Visit site
A how much, i feel i got rupert as a a bargin with regards to money, i got him 3k less than original price!

When i was looking for ahorse, i was looking for an eventer and soemthing i coudl make a profit on and sell on BUT I really have become attached to Rupert and he is too good to be true for me!
smile.gif

anyway

16hh dark brown gelding. 7 year old. Pink papered hanoverinxtb from Germany. His breeding is very good and his conformation is good too.
He has no illnesses or injurys (touch wood) .

64 bd points from only approx 13 tests and is working medium and advanced medium, working on piaffe, canter hp etc. Jumps approx 1.25 cleanly but i think maybe soem more scope for more. Xc machine, very bold and honest. Was told he has potential for top but we shall see!
tongue.gif

easy to do and travels, hacks, lunges etc very well, so honest and true friend to me already. good with other horses and will do or try anything to ask of him. also he is snaffle mouthed.

so what do you think?

tanflislibs

Visit site
£4500- £5500 sounds nice, good age, height, potential, people pay alot for breeding, got our new forest for 3000 as she can be traced back to 1915
laugh.gif
, wanted to get her for 2500 but she is a sweety. rupert sounds devine.
smile.gif
is he the one in the piccy?

tanflislibs

Visit site
my mum says priceless, if he means so much to you then he is worth more than money. i read the post properly and now have descided on £20000-£30000 not exagerating, for a 7 year old he knows so much and he will go far, i hope, if you stick together, it will be with you, he seems an increadible horse, good luck!!!

tizer

Visit site
At 7 and doing all that prob bout 12k Does he have bsja winnings. Did he have full vetting when you got him? Sounds lovely whats more important than how much he's worth is could you afford to replace him with something similar if you sold him? or are you happy bringing on novices

Malibu

Visit site
thank you, well i was a little shocked when you said 4500!
shocked.gif
shocked.gif
shocked.gif
i certainly DID NOT spend 20-30k on the horse and i ahve really not dsone muvh in the 3 months i have had him to increase value but hopefully soon.

i though that too, if i were to sell him then he is worth x amount fo money but i dont as he really is lovely a friend so agree with your mother, thanks and yes the dark bay in ym sig.

Malibu

Visit site
full 5* vetting with lots of clean x-rays. no bsja winnings although was sj'ed at local unfil shows. i dont think i coudl sell him now, he is worht to much to me now and not just another horse.

tizer

Visit site
Good for you, It's really special when you find a lovely genuine horse and 12k would be a bargin, if he is so lovely, clean bill of health performing well in his chossen sphere and potential to do more then he is worth a lot more, so good on you people should be pleased for you, I hope you win lots and continue to enjoy him.

TiaPony

Visit site
he sounds wonderful and if hes in yoor siggie, hes gorgeous to boot. i really dont think i cood price him but definitely exceeding £10k. hes a good size, age, breeding is + and best of all, he sounds kind and seems to have a trainable tempremant which is why i woodn't consider selling him shood he belong to me! he sounds so versatile, enjoy him!
xx

Weezy

Visit site
Nice prices being banded around but with no on record jumping results I personally would not pay over 6k for him, but I am not interested in the dressage side of things LOL!!!

Malibu

Visit site
dont ask me sm
grin.gif
grin.gif
, you knwo me i ahve NO idea of breeding, well not much other that what i ahve been told on here, all i know is his dam is han and sire is full tb and rupert is pink papered and branded.
crazy.gif
crazy.gif
can horses not be pink papered and x?

seabiscuit

Visit site
Cannot judge a price until I see him move and jump- have you got a video?!
A lot of horses under professional hands can be trained to do what he is doing at the mo and at his age, but does not necessarily mean that they are great/talented horses.
I am sure that he is lovely though, have you got any more pics or videos of him?

tigers_eye

Visit site
He could be if the TB was fully approved into the studbook. It could also be that when you trace his pedigree back he is 50% TB, rather than being by one specific parent. Do you know his sire and dam's names tophorse?

severnmiles

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
He could be if the TB was fully approved into the studbook. It could also be that when you trace his pedigree back he is 50% TB, rather than being by one specific parent. Do you know his sire and dam's names tophorse?

[/ QUOTE ]

If the TB part was graded into the studbook he should be classed as purebred hann and not a hann x tb. Relli was 3/8ths TB and had AA in there too but was a purebred, pink papered and branded trakehner.

Malibu

Visit site
tigers-eye, cant get video on web, not sure how to do it but have lots here, pics to come, only time mum takes pics is indoor arena so alwasy crap! arghhhhh, must get more though

severnmiles

Visit site
He's purebred hanoverian thats all you need to say, every warmblood will have TB/AA or A graded into the studbook to improve type/temp/movement/athleticism e.t.c the hanoverians especially as the traditional hanoverian was a great big strapping almost 'heavy' breed. They were a war horse.

So all you need to say is Hanoverian, if you were to sell him it wouldn't do you any favours advertising him as tb x han.

severnmiles

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
sire is full tb as xx at end and dam is full hano.

[/ QUOTE ]

No such thing as full hanoverian, they all have xx, A or AA in there somewhere! He's a smart boy regardless!

severnmiles

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
ok so he is hano not tb? by the way sm, i love that light bay 5th pic in your sig on lunge, he looks lovely!

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks,
smile.gif
my Italian stallion
smirk.gif

I personally from the one pic in your siggy would say 8-10k if he passed a vetting and x-rays!

Malibu

Visit site
ohhhhhhhhh love him lots, he looks gorgeous in yuor sig! looks big though? thanks, not for sale and hope i dont have to sell him anytime soon! but i was just curious, i WILL get good pic of me riding him recently and not dark or blurry photo from mother!
wink.gif

severnmiles

Visit site
Haha, your mother sounds about as bad at taking piccies as mine, still she gets one good one out of about 40! lol Bless her.

He was only 16.1hh!

Malibu

Visit site
haha, typical mothers, my mother is usally laughing at my sitting trot attempt at extended trot! now that woud be a VERY FUNNY video if i coudl get it on here!
wink.gif

gosh, he looks bigger than that, well he is stunning! thanks for all your help, so he is hano and not tbxhano
wink.gif
!