OUT OF STOCK

sarahmac77

Visit site
Is anyone else having a terrible time ordering items from most online tack shops? It seems like stock is running really low everywhere - I can't find a shop that does, for example, the same style brushing boots in medium and large... I have a list to buy and every shop I visit online has only half of what I need - and I'd rather buy from one place than mess around.

Wonder if it's coronavirus or brexit or a a perfect storm of the two? Any advice for well-stocked sites appreciated.

mini_b

Visit site
Is anyone else having a terrible time ordering items from most online tack shops? It seems like stock is running really low everywhere - I can't find a shop that does, for example, the same style brushing boots in medium and large... I have a list to buy and every shop I visit online has only half of what I need - and I'd rather buy from one place than mess around.

Wonder if it's coronavirus or brexit or a a perfect storm of the two? Any advice for well-stocked sites appreciated.

YES ☹️
And it’s not just tack shops it’s everywhere. I’ve been looking for a new jacket (o/s everywhere in all sizes - it’s a repeated style not a one off thing)
and a pair of wellies. As above.
Im sorry I can’t help but I was having a moan about this earlier xx

Sussexbythesea

Visit site
Had same problem with rugs luckily managed to buy 3 lovely second hand ones for £60.

The exercise rug I ordered on the 29th Dec still hasn’t been dispatched. I’ve been told it’s warehouse issues.

hollyandivy123

Visit site
anything that was produced in the EU will be slow in restocking in the UK, mostly due to the government not being as well organised with UK companies compared to the EU.

we are having 4-6 weeks wait for goods for work.

sarahmac77

Visit site
anything that was produced in the EU will be slow in restocking in the UK, mostly due to the government not being as well organised with UK companies compared to the EU.

I thought as much. Bloody Brexit. Ok, thanks. I just had to buy from Amazon (which I never do!) or I'm not going to have my stuff any time soon. Annoying.

Julia0803

Visit site
Yes!

I was really struggling getting hold of a 1200d+ combo rug in the right size, from one of the brads that fit wide chested horses that don't cost a complete fortune.

Managed to find one that ticked the boxes but from a company id never heard of before, I think its a little local tack shop. I ordered it this morning but been looking for several days... by the time it comes I think the cold weather will be over!

honetpot

Visit site
I tend to buy off e-bay, as they usually advertise only what they have to sell. I suppose most will have run down stock to make sure they have enough cash flow.
I ordered some EVA rubber mats off e-bay before Christmas, ordered on a Sunday they arrived in two days. Wanted some more after Christmas, they had gone up by £50 for the same amount, so I ordered from someone else. They were cheaper, but they appear to be the same standard, just a different brand and arrived in five days.
If you are selling stock there must be a dilemma that is your selling price going to cover the price of restocking and still cover your over heads, or do you wait until everything has gone up and then sell it at the new standard price.

dogatemysalad

Visit site
Redpost Equestrain were fab when I ordered last week. Dunelm and Asda (for pillows etc) were fine too. Usual delivery times.
the only problem I had was with Ekosport who failed to process an order in early December. it took 5 weeks to get a refund. Should have read their reviews before placing the order. You live and learn.

Britestar

Visit site
Most stuff is made in China. C19 has resulted in many containers being in the wrong places, so unable to be filled. Added to which its takes a fair while for things to be transported.
Ports are packed, and some vessels are unable to land at their designated times.

Patience is the answer, we've all become to accustomed to getting everything immediately.

Orchardbeck

Visit site
Also found this, trying to find Le Chameau or Aigle wellies in size 5/6 has been a nightmare, finally managed to get some from Naylors but must have been the last ones. Same with Barbour jacket liners!

chocolategirl

Visit site

When I tried to buy a bicycle for my daughter for Christmas, my local shop wher I’ve always bought from, had no bikes in stock at all, and he said it was down to production due to covid. A lot of places are on skeleton staff so therefore production is way down. Maybe this is something to do with it? Not sure why brexit would have any effect, people still want to sell us their goods don’t they? but I guess it’s the easy option to blame it for all the ills of the world ?

chocolategirl

Visit site

So it’s absolutely nothing to do with production being way down due to covid then?

ownedbyaconnie

Visit site
Yep I went to our local tack shop to buy a new pair of yard boots and a roller. Both out of stock so ordered them to come in. Not expected for a few weeks yet! The tack shop said everything had been pushed back due to covid for months now and then brexit has been the cherry on top.

rowan

Visit site
Ordered from Equi Supermarket on the 29th Dec realise they may have been closed till the new year but not recieved my order. Emailed them on Thursday just to see if item had been dispatched but no reply :(

Pippity

Visit site
I had a nightmare ordering from Hope Valley before Christmas. Ordered middle of November. Chased up after a couple of weeks to be told they were waiting for one item to come back into stock. Got an email a few days after that to be told that another part of my order was now sold ut and wouldn't be coming back into stock. Order finally arrived, missing one item. I phoned last week and just cancelled that item.

I'm now looking for an alternative as my regular online tack shop.

JulesRules

Visit site
I had a nightmare trying to buy a lightweight turnout that had the rings to attach a neck. Nothing in 6'3 " anywhere. I eventually found one but I had to try about 12 different online shops and in the end ordered from a place with ropey reviews out of desperation.
The rugs seems okay for the money though so all well that ends well.

huskydamage

Visit site
Yes! Iam desperately waiting for gloves I've ordered off viovet to arrive, seems to be stuck on 'waiting for supplier deliveries'. I really want to cancel tbh and order elsewhere, I wouldn't have ordered if I knew they werent in stock. my hands are freezing each day that passes ? by the time they turn up it will be spring at this rate