Out riding and leading suddenly realised he's a toddler!

poiuytrewq

Visit site
My two haven't been out since Christmas. We've just been so busy and the roads so icy they had a few easy weeks.
Today, back to normality I rode mine and led daughters (I use that word very loosely!)
He's a bit of a prat at the best of times but on a very chilly day after a few weeks I really realised he's not a horse, he's a toddler.
We had.....
I want to go really fast
I want to climb up this bank. (Bit disconcerting this one having a 15hh towering above the 16.3 lead horse)
I want to go down the ditch
Waaayyy haayyy I can jump the drainage ditches
I like stamping on icy bits
Can I knock these wheelie bins over?
LOOK sheep LOOK cows
Ooohhhh I can peer in through this kitchen window.... let's go fast.
All mingled in with trying to distract his brother (lead horse) and make him play then getting sulky for being told off.

The things a nutter, however he never fails to put a smile on my face.

Jack110

Visit site
My two haven't been out since Christmas. We've just been so busy and the roads so icy they had a few easy weeks.
Today, back to normality I rode mine and led daughters (I use that word very loosely!)
He's a bit of a prat at the best of times but on a very chilly day after a few weeks I really realised he's not a horse, he's a toddler.
We had.....
I want to go really fast
I want to climb up this bank. (Bit disconcerting this one having a 15hh towering above the 16.3 lead horse)
LOOK sheep LOOK cows
All mingled in with trying to distract his brother (lead horse) and make him play then getting sulky for being told off.

Brilliant xx

MDB

Visit site
Brilliant description.
I went out for a hack today after nearly three week break over Christmas, mostly due to rubbish weather. My mare was feral. Lol.

poiuytrewq

Visit site
Bless! He sounds just like mine...only mine is like that every day!

Haha, tbh this ones not a huge amount better. It's not naughtiness though it's genuine interest in everything. He had a brain problem last year and has since become even more interested and intrigued by things.

BBP

Visit site
Haha, tbh this ones not a huge amount better. It's not naughtiness though it's genuine interest in everything. He had a brain problem last year and has since become even more interested and intrigued by things.

Same, every day he goes out he’s like a big foal who has never seen the world before, everything is new and interesting and/or scary, even if you have done the exact same route every day for the last 2 weeks. It’s equally adorable and frustrating!

OldieButGoodie

Visit site
We had.....
I want to go really fast
LOOK sheep LOOK cows

Yep. This is my 4 year old. Everything needs to be investigated, climbed or stamped on, snorted at and chewed... Sigh!