Outlander 2 l. hybrid

Bobobelle

New User
Visit site
Does anybody have any experience towing a box with a Mitsubishi Outlander 2l.hybrid? We are looking for an automatic for towing the box with 1 horse so that our daughter can learn towing.

ihatework

Visit site
That won’t have enough guts.

As a bare minimum you will want the 2.2 diesel - think the last year of manufacture is 2018 on those

Caol Ila

Visit site
OH has one but not for towing. It’s great for commuting to work or the barn but on road trips, it’s as expensive to run as you would imagine a big SUV with a petrol engine to be.

It’s only rated to tow 1600kg so I would not use it for that.

Becc

Visit site
I’ve got the newer 2.4l Outlander PHEV. It tows my single cheval liberte trailer and 450kg pony absolutely fine round the Lincolnshire Wolds. I’m not sure how it compares to the older 2l engines though. And it can tow on pure electric which gets us to our local competition venues and back so for me it works fine as a towing car.

Singing Dawg

Lang may yer lum reek
Visit site
I've had the diesel Outlander, it was manual, not sure if they did automatic ones. It was a really good towing car, and economical to run as well. Now I have a new PHEV, 2.4 which does about 20 to the gallon on local roads.

Interested in reading Becc's post as I've contemplated putting a tow bar on and using it to get the ponies out and about, think I'll take the plunge!