Outshine or Alfa Oil?

Lightning

Visit site
What are people's opinions? To feed outshine and a chaff? To feed outshine and alfa oil? To feed alfa oil?

Obviously there is a massive difference in the cost so don't want to buy Outshine and feed over winter if Alfa oil will do the same thing and keep the weight on?

UKa

community.webshots.com
Hi - I fed my horse both last winter. The Alfa Oil as normal chaff and then the Outshine as an extra protein supplement through the oil it has. Outshine is actually sold as a supplement not as a complete feed. It is much more concentrated than the Alfa A oil as Outshine is made of Linseed and soya. I have recently switched to feeding micronized linseed instead of the Outshine though as the cost of the outshine was sending my feed bills through the roof...

Frozen Hoof Boots

Visit site
Save yourself some money and just buy micronised linseed, handful readigrass (or fast fibre) and good vit balancer. You can up the Linseed if you need more weight.

Some horses hate Alfa Oil and Outshine.....

Miss L Toe

Visit site
Thats it, £30 for 20kgs delivered to your door, I feed 50gms in summers and 100-150 in winter, best stuff ever.
I am currently also feeding 500 gms of chaff + dry nonmolassed s/beet and Benevit Advanced 25gms. Easy to adjust, but as it is a concentrated diet when dry [it must be soaked] make sure you weigh the feed and use suitable size scoops for each ingredient.

Last edited:

WelshD

Visit site
I feed both. My pony has 250g of Outshine a day so quite eye wateringly expensive but his coat is amazing and he was previously underweight but looks great now