Over grown lap dogs!

rowan666

Visit site
Does anybody else have one of these??
I have a Bordeaux x English mastiff who weighs close to 11 stone but has absolutely no idea how big he is and loves nothing more than to crush my legs sitting on my lap! My old corso was exactly the same! Not a habbit derived from me over fussing as pups I may add as both i took on well after the cute little puppy stage had passed. I love it really but I can't remember the last time I got to watch TV without a whopping great big slobbering dog blocking my view and making me feel guilty when I need to move!

CorvusCorax

Justified & Ancient
Visit site
Mine doesn't think that I notice when he 'sneaks' onto my knee. He usually does it when I'm on the phone or he thinks I haven't spotted the fact that there's a great bloody black hairy thing sitting on me with it's head stuck in my arm pit. You can actually see the shifty eyes and he does it really quickly. Stealthily standing on my bladder, turning round three times and then forcing the air out of my lungs when he thinks he's moulded me into a comfortable shape and drops his entire body weight.

Nope, no dog here!! Nosiree!

rowan666

Visit site
pixlr_20160910082800948_zpsh8kkhyry.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
My usual view! Luckily the pic of him sitting in my neices knee was before he was fully grown!

Last edited:

rowan666

Visit site
pixlr_20160910082032637_zpsrjcws0wl.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
Not sure if these photos have worked or not but glad I'm not the only one with big lapdog!

Last edited:

Clodagh

Visit site
He's a monster! I used to look after a mastiff x ridgey called 'Drum', if you sat on a normal height chair he was the same height if he sat next to you. He was a great goofy buffoon.

Bellasophia

Visit site
This was my dogue de Bordeaux mastiff ,Rebecca,from the Capriano kennel in N.Italy.
Truely one of the two dogs of my lifetime..
She was just ten months old in this pic...a gentle soul but she also passed her CDX title for obedience and they wanted me to continue with shutzhound training for her.

I flew her to USA when we went here for two years and flew her back when her cruciate blew for the second time...the same vet reoperated on her and she died the day after her surgery...I've never got over this as she was just three years of age.
I then switched to a lighter weight reed( my st poodles ) but truely ,this is a dog of a life time if you have the space and time to dedicate...and YEs she was a lapdog.

Bellasophia

Visit site
Breed not reed...lol won't let me alter...
My girl was 52 kilos,but solid muscle as we walked miles every day across the fields and I never felt safer than when I was with her.

Rowan. What a lovely boy!, you can see the goodness in him.

Last edited:

Cinnamontoast

Fais pas chier!
Visit site
Huge dog! Mine are about 22kg, still a bit much to have stood on my chest, which is a favourite trick of Bear's. Big dog likes to slump on us, too.
20140519_192121_zpsmxsbrfzd.jpg

Beausmate

Visit site
Gorgeous dog rowan. I do like a nice mastiff type beastie. :)

My little (31kg) Rottie likes to sneak up onto my lap. First she ambles over, sits down next to me and leans. Then comes the paw/chin on knee manoeuvre and finally the slither, wriggle and pull, before ending up on my lap, completely upside-down and ready to shove a paw into my boob.

It's a good thing she's cute! :D

poiuytrewq

Visit site
Well I was going to reply that yes I have an overgrown lapdog but then I saw your photo's and realised mine was rubbish being a (tiny) lab ;)
You beat me hands down (however my legs are not as dead and I get a better view of the TV)

MotherOfChickens

MotherDucker
Visit site
now have some broadband I can finally see the pictures! what a handsome dog OP :)

My setter was only 32kg but he had a nifty trick of putting head in lap and lulling you into a false sense of security, then sort of twisting it and sliding body up into lap-all in a nanosecond :D had the boniest elbows ever!

Bessi

Visit site
My ridgie loves nothing more than to come up for cuddles, she is only about 6 months old in this photo and weighs significantly more now but still does the same thing..

12000953_10100220111190077_7033841225395420627_o.jpg

Shoei

Visit site
I have a Great Dane that does this... she also perches on steps so she doesn't have to sit on the floor like a 'common dog'!