Over priced horses

Oaksflight

Visit site
Yup. Women at my yard is selling her overweight cob with no proved breeding, bit of a psycho to ride, no manners, poor conformation for 2k. Instructor told her she'd struggle to get half of that.

People need to bring themselves down a notch or two!

LEC

Opinions are like bum holes, everyone has one.
www.youtube.com
I had a 5 year gap from riding and found prices had risen strongly. But I have also noticed on the whole horses are much better quality than 5 years ago. There is a bigger emphasis on breeding and quality.

I have also noticed a real trend for 4-5 yos and anything slightly older and not having done much discarded. For me I would not go and see a 17hh horse who has done a lot as a 4/5 yo as asking for problems. I feel there is a real lack of common sense out there with horses and trends/fashion seems to come first.

It is a tough one pricing a horse and they are big assets to have. As said before its how much people are prepared to pay. I do get very annoyed with potential this and that but if people are too stupid/greedy to drop the price after advertising for 2 weeks and getting no interest then its up to them. I buy horses other people have cocked up or cannot deal with but this is the only way I can afford something nice.

H-J

www.piczo.com
I definitely agree with the saying "something is only worth what people are willing to pay" If your horse if advertised for a long time and you no interest then something is putting them off calling and it is usually the price.

People who are greedy just wont sell so whos losing out!!

MissDeMeena

Visit site
When you're selling a horse.. It's only worth what someone is willing to pay for it!!
When you're buying a horse.. You get what you pay for!!

haha, swings 'n all that
wink.gif

Kelly1982

Visit site
There are a lot of overpriced horses but if you look carefully there are a few out there that a reasonably priced but you do have to look hard. I have seen ones that have been competing BSJA for less than £4,000.

However i think the problem is that if you sell horses at realistic prices the type of people that come to see them are very different so people advertise them higher.

I dont mean this nasty but when i have been looking at horses (as i only have a low budget) people have been telling us that all the people coming to see them are complete novices and are pleasantly suprised that we are not.

Our horse that we have for sale is also priced at £2,300 as we feel that is a reasonable price for a general allrounder that has only been jumping up to 2'9 and hasn't done much competing wise yet we have had hardly any calls so not sure if people think that there is somethin wrong with her or what
confused.gif