Over reach boots with sheepskin...recommend me!

Littlemissmoneypenny

Visit site
Hi,

After a good jumping lesson last night I saw that Bells had over reached enough to cut herself :( So I need to invest in some new over reach boots. The problem is she always gets a coin sized bit of mud fever this time of year right where over reach boots sit and I find the usual boots rub her right on the mud fever.

So I am thinking the sheepskin lined ones might be the answer....can anyone recommend me some? :)

Thanks!

Leg_end

Visit site
The eskadron ones have lost all their previous quality now IMO. I bought some woof ones which I've been v impressed with and the sheepskin is far superior quality to the eskadron ones.

SS.89

Visit site
I've had my eskadron ones about a year and i'll definately be purchasing the woof ones next time. The strike pad seems a lot more hard wearing and for about the same price as eskadron I think they're well worth the money.

Nothing against the eskadron ones, i've got a very sensitive TB who hates rubber / plastic over reach boots so they've done him good. I just prefer the look of the woof ones :)

SS x

Prince33Sp4rkle

Visit site
local tack shop is selling Horze ones and they are fab, really wash and wear very well indeed.

Eskadron are rubbish now imo, used to last ages, now lucky to go a month without them dropping to bits, even if hand washed!

Littlemissmoneypenny

Visit site
Thanks for letting me know :) would you say the Large size would fit a 'finer' 17hh warmblood mare? I've found them on ebay for £30 + p&p :) or should I go to Your Horse Live and have a spending spree :D

I think I would prefer the 'harder' shell for jumping....added peace of mind!

Leg_end

Visit site
I've got the large ones for my WB and they touch the floor (what I wanted as I'm protecting shoes!) so would be fine I shoud imagine :)

elliefiz

Visit site
another person disappointed with the eskadron ones! On my third order in as many months from the Calevo website. I wash them alot in fairness- and in the washing machine so im sure that doesnt help. Have bought a pair of the Roma black ones for the winter as they are cheaper and wont mind as much if they get trashed. They are about 20-25 quid on ebay. Next lot of Eskadron are for good wear only!

3bh

Visit site
I have Kentaur ones, used daily for turnout, shoved in the washing machine at 60 once a week and come out like new, cant speak for other brands but these are really tough!

Worried1

Visit site
Woof ones have rubbed both Arthur and Blitz and left really nasty sores.

Eskadron don't wash well

Leimueix (sic?) do some that look nice in the new Horse Health catalogue.

pigpony

Visit site
The woof wear ones! They are the only ones pony has not destroyed and have not rubbed him (stupid delicate 'fake' native that he is!)

muffinthemule

Visit site
The LeMieux's look and feel gorgeous but mine arrived and large size won't close around my 15.2hh's feet 😳... Something a bit odd there methinks. Returned today...

MillionDollar

Visit site
I'm going to say the opposite......I have a few pairs of the Eskadron ones and Woof Wear ones. The Woof Wear ones have fallen to pieces :( whereas the Eskadron ones are still going strong. So I will keep buying them from now on.

beatrice

Visit site
I have the Horse Health ones (in brown) and they are lovely - although def smaller than the Eskadron ones. The large only just does up but guessing when the fluff flattens they will be a bit better. Also thinking the extra large may have been too long.

PrillyD

Visit site
I have the lemieux ones are they are lovely however my 15.3hh fine tb had to have large and they only just fit!! ;/

josie_s

Visit site
Anyone tried the KM Elite ones? Look lovely but my shire x tb would look like a right ponce in em so I can't try them :-(

Cheiro1

Visit site
Kentaur for me too, almost exactly the same as the Eskadron ones and half the price!!

Mine have lasted a year of daily turnout, including in wet mud in winter, getting hosed off everyday in winter and are still going strong.