Over size Connemaras are they bred?

tristar

Visit site
I like your idea, tristar, but I almost wonder whether NF blood would be better than using connies to make it a bit more sane, and to keep it hardy and sure-footed.

another great foundation that would be, some foresters do very good dressage, i had a super one years ago very sporty and a lovely type

Pinkvboots

Visit site
i like to move forwards with breeding, add new blood

i like the anglo very much, but there are different types within that cross.

i think it would be a fab horse, if using the right horses, but would be asking a high price

i `ve looked for anglo mares, not many around

its about bringing in performance genes and connies have that alright

One of the best ponies I have ever ridden was Connie × Arab she was 14.2 and belonged to a lady I worked for, I had the opportunity to ride and compete her and she taught me so much I won so many dressage tests on her she had done up to medium but I only got up to elementary with her before I left.

tristar

Visit site
One of the best ponies I have ever ridden was Connie × Arab she was 14.2 and belonged to a lady I worked for, I had the opportunity to ride and compete her and she taught me so much I won so many dressage tests on her she had done up to medium but I only got up to elementary with her before I left.

sounds lovely, arabs seem to cross well with most natives

tristar

Visit site
I agree but I am a bit biased having 2 Arab's I think Arab's and TB just work when crossed with most other breeds.

often they do but my experience is that it has to be the right types that are put together, and bloodlines are crucial to breed again, and sometimes the 50 50 cross is a bit extreme in one direction or another so can have an unpredictable outcome, ie i prefer A A that is 3 parts TB, 1 part arab but only in general terms