Own up, who cried, Olympic Dressage

BlairandAzria

Visit site
Raises hand.....me:eek: I blubbed like a good'un, at laura, carl and charlottes tests, but mostly at the moment the crowd cheered and she didnt believe it, went and checked the board and that hand came over her face- such raw emotion....and again when she was on the podium sobbing, god love her, she is one amazing lady:D

Queenbee

Visit site
It was when she got back on blueberry for the lap of honour and collapsed on his neck sobbing... Again!! And had to compose herself... Again!!! Before doing her victory lap :D

PingPongPony

Visit site
me :eek: all three of them did beautiful tests, but i have to say that i enjoyed watching laura's test the most, just watching alf have so much fun as well, i think the music suited him so well :) but also the bond between charlotte and blueberry, like someone else mentioned, especially when she got on for the lap of honour :) i'm starting to well up just thinking about it now :eek:

Tilda

Visit site
I did! I cried during Charlotte's test and when she won! I also welled up at Carl's.
Since I had my son (nearly 5 years ago) anyone who has a lovely relationship with their animals gets to me!

madmav

Visit site
I was a blubbery mess from the moment Laura's horse had a cheeky look on his face while on free rein walk. He was so obviously enjoying himself. They seem to have such a wonderful bond. Her face when she finished also finished me off. Carl, for being such a star and using such emotional music set me off again. So by the time we got to Charlotte and all of the emotion she showed, I was wrecked. Very glad to have been home alone for it. Dog looked concerned, though.
I don't normally like dressage very much!
Well done to all our riders through all three disciplines.

TJP

Visit site
Cried & yelled lots during the equestrian events. Cried the whole way through charlottes test. The music really got me. Also well up everytime someone wins a gold. Hubby is finding it hilarious. Having a child leaves you a little emotional me thinks (said child is 7!)

Dancing Queen

Visit site
i dont cry!

but... on tuesday i just about held it, i was there at greenwich and the atmosphere was amazing - i felt like i had just won gold!!

happy i didnt cry.......

Today....

I though that she had blown it - couple of blatant mistakes and i said to husband thats ****ed it.

Then she won! i fought back the tears - not cos she won but because of her emotion and then remembering the triumphs (not quite so large) in my own mind of my competition history, remembering that feeling of winning and wondering how on earth she must be feeling. The hug with her mom and the tears - thats what got me. Well Done! xxxxxxxxx

starryeyed

Visit site
I didn't cry... I howled!
Got a lump in my throat at the end of Lauras test, it was amazing and she looked over the moon at the end..

But at the end of Charlottes when she realised she'd won and burst into tears, I completely lost it and sat there sobbing! And when she started again just before the lap of honour and had her arms round blueberrys neck it set me off again! Amazing, she really deserved it and blueberry looked like he really enjoyed himself - such a shame it's the end of their partnership x

mcnaughty

Visit site
Me! I cried during Charlotte's test - the music was so fantastic. I really thought she had blown it at the end! Nearly cried when they announced her victory but walked away from TV. I am v lucky - huge flat screen TV right next to where I sit at work - I can only watch what the BBC choose to show but the coverage has been amazing!

pardalis

Visit site
I cried during Charlotte's test. It was so beautiful with the music and they truly looked like they were enjoying it. I absolutely adore the freestyle dressage

merrymeasure

www.winningpost-art.co.uk
Me! Tears throughout all the equestrian to be honest. But yesterday, with the beautiful music and beautiful horses, and our three excelling themselves was amazing, and very moving! Got goosebumps! So very happy for them all, and very proud!

tallyho!

Following a strict mediterranean diet...
Visit site
Of course I cried!

Been loving the games. Not just the equestrian, but the achievements of ordinary people.

I have actually been very angry too at the equestrian games but that is another thread somewhere in NL.

Heidi1

Visit site
Me....... I cried at Laura's face at the end, held it together for Carls, but the tears flowed when Charlotte started her test and I was watching with a non-horsey work colleague and he was crying, but I don't care I'm proud to be British and what a team, Well done Team GB...

Shysmum

www.youtube.com
Yup, I watched it from a link put on here (thanks so much whoever it was) last night, and was blubbing away. I'll never look at schooling in the same light again - amazing ! :)

fallenangel123

Visit site
I started during Laura's test, such emotion on her face at the end too. Watching Charlotte sobbing totally finished me off tho and my big burly OH, he covered it well but there were definitely tears there.
I have a couple of tears remembering it now!

Quantock-cob

Visit site
I was at Greenwich and yes did have a little sniffle when I saw Charlotte break down and sob when she heard the result. Had to hide it from my daughter, though, as she would not have been impressed with a sobbing Mother!

Equinus

Visit site
Hands up here too.:eek:

And also when I watched it back with OH. Although not understanding any of it, was caught up in it too, and damp eyed.:D

Tinsel Town

Visit site
me!!
mainly at Laura's test, it was so beautiful, and the music- I LOVE LION KING!! they worked so well together, as do all our team!

and then again at Charlotte crying! lol!

GO TEAM GB!!!! :D :D

Morgan123

Visit site
Oops, I'm just watching it back at work and I'm STILL crying at it. And someone just came into the office and caught me blubbing at a RERUN omg. Right. really must do some work.

sarahann1

Visit site
Very nearly, but was at work so managed not too.

Then very nearly when I watched the 3 tests at home, even my non-horsey hubby got a bit emotional!