Oxyshot

Lillo

Visit site
Hi, has anyone used Oxyshot? I'm taking my yearling filly to her first show and thought maybe it would be worth trying just incase she gets abit stressed. Thanks

Rachel1

Visit site
I'd be interested in hearing if this helps as well, we've been advised to give Harry two syringes worth the next time we compete!
wink.gif

vonno

www.celticqh.com
Was going to use it last night until I realised the syringe was too big for my hands. Will have to get OH to administer the first shot, though I will be able to manage the second and third.
Sorry that wasn't a lot of help, but do be aware that the syringes are large.

tractor

Visit site
Oh dear...this has been discussed lots on here, there were some VERY heated discussions....from what I remember some of the "science bit" was an ickle bit dubious, but soem peeps that had used it had good results...there was also a fairly heated discussion about the "placebo effect"...

*runs for cover*

Bossanova

Visit site
Your money, buy what you like.

I'd choose the Equine America one first as that contains ingredients known for their calming properties which appear to be based on real science, not made-up science....

mil1212

Visit site
I was also considering trying oxyshot, i was quite impressed by it's claims to help stamina, anyone know about this? Although I thought if it is as good as suggested, wouldn't all racehorse trainers and professional horse people be using it?

kizzywiz

Visit site
The company I work for were asked to distribute this, our MD said she was unable to without some scientific evidence, they couldn't/wouldn't provide any so we didn't go ahead. How can something be marketed as performance enhancing one week, then a calmer the next. Our chemist at work analysed some in the lab, this post will be removed if I put the results here, lets just say someone is making a shed load of profit!!

Bossanova

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
The company I work for were asked to distribute this, our MD said she was unable to without some scientific evidence, they couldn't/wouldn't provide any so we didn't go ahead. How can something be marketed as performance enhancing one week, then a calmer the next. Our chemist at work analysed some in the lab, this post will be removed if I put the results here, lets just say someone is making a shed load of profit!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol, well said!! I read through the articles theyve got on the website as 'proof' and it seems to me that preliminary studies carried out on human oxyshot proved very little, if anything....
The horse stuff hasnt been put to the test at all.

khan

Visit site
i've used the equine america one - i actually had to use 2 syringes, and they had NO effect what so ever!!

So i went back to using horlicks - much better and cheaper!!

khan

Visit site
Well, it always worked for me, i'd just put some in their tea and some in their breakie, it just would take the edge off, which made a big difference for me, for instance, when i was first competing my big boy who was 7 but only gelded at 5 and had been used in belgium, so he was a HUGE tart and squealed at anything and everyone who moved and i was only 19 and a bit weak and wet, it really helped calm him down.