Paddock Blade

meleeka

Visit site
Here’s one being used in actual grass
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: DD

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
See I'm also not convinced that some of it doesn't drop out the front as it goes along either.

When it first came out over here they got a lot of questions and didn't really address any of the concerns re longer grass, wet weather, bumpy ground etc, which I took to mean they couldn't

whiteflower

Visit site
Well that video proves why I decided against, it looks like it's just taking the tops of the poos and then wiping the rest across the grass, it actually at points looks like it's falling out the front on the uneven grass. I actually think clearing up after this would be harder than poo picking !!

paddy555

Visit site
how about...
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Well that video proves why I decided against, it looks like it's just taking the tops of the poos and then wiping the rest across the grass, it actually at points looks like it's falling out the front on the uneven grass. I actually think clearing up after this would be harder than poo picking !!

I agree. I doubt you would get the bits up without vacuuming them especially in long grass. If it does this I don't see how it is going to help with a worming program as residue is going to be left. A good part of our problem is the birds spreading the dung around. I can't see it working with that.

pippixox

Visit site
I only poo pick when mine are on a small area briefly right certain spots like shelters. I harrow. Worm count always very low to zero. But partly as I have plenty of land for just two now.

When I did poo pick I used a trailer as walk to muck heap is nearly 15 mins and that was more work than picking them up. I would have loved to buy a tipper trailer but they are a lot of money.

pippixox

Visit site
Get some pet sheep .... seriously they are such fun and not only do they help with worm control/gazing rough bit they are automatic fertilisers too. And when you have had enough .......... 😋
I’ve had escapee sheep in my field... but they got in due to insecure fencing and got out. The cost to fence my field so the monkeys stay in would be too great in my opinion! Better than spending money on the paddock blade though I think!

Keith_Beef

Novice equestrian, accomplished equichetrian
Visit site
https://paddockblade.co.uk/

Thoughts please, anyone used one ?

My hard working hubby is getting old and pushing endless barrows is taking a toll. I am wondering if the paddock blade does actually pick up or just skim over the top.
Thanks.

I hope the product designer is better than the web site writer...

Paddock Blade slash's your muck out time by 70%
120W x 120L x 20H CM'S 40KG 290 Litre Capacity (Pro Blade)

Ernie2001

Visit site
We have a paddock blade! We were a bit unsure if it would work as our fields are not flat and often the grass isn’t too short but it works well and saves hours of time! We have attached our Harrow to the back of ours so any little bits left behind get spread out and the fields are left looking really neat 😊

meleeka

Visit site
We have a paddock blade! We were a bit unsure if it would work as our fields are not flat and often the grass isn’t too short but it works well and saves hours of time! We have attached our Harrow to the back of ours so any little bits left behind get spread out and the fields are left looking really neat 😊
Do you tip to empty or fork it up? My field is pretty flat and the grass is short so I’m hoping it might work.

Ernie2001

Visit site
Do you tip to empty or fork it up? My field is pretty flat and the grass is short so I’m hoping it might work.
If there’s two of us we tip it but if I’m on my own we fork it out. It doesn’t take long, a couple of minutes. It’s limited use in the winter just because the truck we tow with churns up the ground too much but in the spring we get it all cleared up 😊