Paddock boots (for humans!).... is it just me who

Acolyte

Visit site
manages to trash them in a year maximum
confused.gif
I have a lovely pair of Aigle Heritage boots which I have had about a year - I noticed yesterday that the zip is coming away from the boot on one of the pair, so they will have to be binned soon. Even when I have had Equitectors with laces in the past they have lasted about the same length of time
frown.gif

Is it down to the fact that I dont clean them enough? Or is a year an average lifespan for boots worn daily?

louise4208

Visit site
I rely on my good old Hunter wellies. I've had this pair for 4 years and they are still water tight, although pretty grubby! I had a pair before them that lasted me for 6years, they were only chucked out because I stabbed the toe with a fork and burst them (luckily not my foot!).
I also have my brown leather Dublin boots for when I want to look a bit better dressed!

Acolyte

Visit site
Ah you see my last two pairs of Hunters have lasted about 8 months maximum as well
crazy.gif
For once I didnt stab myself in the foot (which is my usual style) it must have been defective manufacturing cos both pairs split in the same place
mad.gif

Perhaps I am just hard on footwear generally then
crazy.gif

Acolyte

Visit site
I did wonder about that, but I wasnt sure if that was possible - the zips must need to be pretty heavy duty? I might ask a local saddlers though - got to be better than paying £80 for another pair!

Paint it Lucky

Visit site
My boots always wear out in no time too! I think 8 months is about the maximum they ever last, I have tried all sorts of different styles/makes etc but they're never tough enough!

Evadiva1514

Visit site
My boots hardly last 5 minutes at all, ive got through; Hunter wellies, ariat paddock boots, cheaper paddock boots all to no avail! Ive got a pair of Dubarrys that i purposefully don't wear too often as i know they'll fall to bits if i do!! Wish i could find a good pair of tough boots to ride in as well!!

Acolyte

Visit site
Thank goodness it isnt just me, I was getting a bit paranoid cos ex-OH used to nag me all the time and told me it was cos I never clean my boots
blush.gif

Oh well, I will keep buying a new pair every year or so I suppose
crazy.gif

bexandspooky

Visit site
I am the same! I can trash a pair of boots in no time, and hunter wellies cannot withstand the punishment that I give them...I managed to kill mine in about 7 months!!

niagaraduval

Visit site
Nope, it's not just you. My boots last about a year too! No matter how expensive they are! There's only so much they can put up with..

Oh and I've also stabbed my self with a mucking out fork several times....

help1

Visit site
No i swear by my ariats and am not a fan of boot cleaning mine have lasted about 18 months and still going strong - not a fan of zips though have laces - do alternate for very wet weather with cheap countryside wellies - much better than hunters i have found.

Hvae not found the need to stab myself lately though....

Acolyte

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Hvae not found the need to stab myself lately though....

[/ QUOTE ]

I do endeavour to try not to do that
tongue.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif