pads? equi pak??

tillyd

Visit site
hello, my neddy has just had an mri scan for lameness in both feet - thank god not navicular - apparently some fluid round coffin joints, and also sub solar bruising. Could be from concussion, but god knows how as ground is so soft and only riding in school at mo..
Anyway she has to have pads - gel ones called equi pak?? does anyone know about them? i guess they are horribly expensive....?! thanks.

ljm

Visit site
Equipak is a clear gel that then goes solid(little squishy) when it sets. They put a mesh underneath for the gel to cling to or it will just fall out. It is really good stuff tho. I saw in H&H last week theyve brought a new 1 out to help w/ thrush.L

Angua2

Visit site
equipak...... pah...... tried these on my boy and they fell out in a fortnight ( and that was using the mesh!) and I was left with a crippled horse.

I tend to use horse trax pads..... they are a pad that goes on under the shoe that has a gel insert. Extreamly hard wearing and reuseable. I get 2 full shoeing periods out of them. each set are about £20 inc p&p and vat!