paint and colours for stable

Visit site
hey
so i need advice on non toxic paint (i’m sure every paint now is non toxic but i need to find the right one) i’ve been thinking about painting my stable but i need recommendations on the best paint and what sort of colours to use. i’m not really keen on black as it’s too dark but any other suggestions?
thanks

poiuytrewq

Visit site
I painted mine with white emulsion in spring, don’t do that!
It looks bloody awful now. There are awful poo stains all down the walls. It looks disgusting

Rowreach

👀
Visit site
I've always used masonry paint on the bottom half, because it's better quality, and ordinary white emulsion on the top half, because it's cheap as chips and then you can slap a bit more on if it starts looking grotty.

I repainted mine every spring anyway.

I worked in a yard where I had to paint 30 stables dark green on the bottom and cream on the top, with green doors, and it did look really smart.

Asha

Visit site
we supply a lot of the local yard with paint for the stables. Most people use a quality masonry ( dont get the cheap stuff, there is a difference ) Most popular colour is black and white, although some prefer a magnolia. Other colours have been green / blue /grey ( we can make it in most british standard colours.
I initially used a chlorinated rubber paint ( what they use in dairy parlours ) for ours and its great. As its washable, so helps when they poo down the walls. A few friends have tried it too, and really rate it, especially for wash bays etc. Its not as easy to put on as masonry but does last longer.

LegOn

Visit site
Look for low VOC which means its less toxic. Waterbased is better - it doesnt have that horrible solvent smell. And you are better off paying for quality paint, otherwise you might aswell piss on the walls for all the good it will do!!!

Most importantly for exterior paint or for outdoor areas, you have to make sure the moisture content in the walls is low, because otherwise even though the paint will 'dry' it wont cure which means it will just fail, crack or peel off. Water will always find a way out of walls so it pushes out any topcoat you paint over it, no matter how good the paint! So never paint when it has just rained, or is going to rain up to 48 after you paint to give it the best chance to dry properly. And same for prep - make sure the walls are clean, dry & free of any debris, like painting your nails, if you put nail polish over chipped nail polish, it just chips off again!