Painted Throughbred

angrovestud

Visit site
I got news this week that we are the first stud to ask for a change of passport details for our Weatherbys GSB mare Whatablaze IRE, she is now offically a PAINTED THROUGHBRED. how pleased are we! the first mare in the UK
wink.gif

pics of Whatablaze
P1010042.jpg

P1010044.jpg

A Quote from Weatherbys.

‘ In 2008 the International Stud Book Committee (ISBC), which represents the 67 Approved Thoroughbred Stud Books worldwide, decided to add the colour description ‘ painted ‘ to those ISBC Members use to record thoroughbred foals. This decision was made in recognition of the growing number of thoroughbred bloodlines, mainly coming out of the USA, which produce foals which exhibit white markings on their bodies and not just on their head and limbs which is commonly the case. In due course therefore the description ‘ painted ‘ will appear in racecards but in the meantime the Angroves Stud has asked for the colour description of their mare Whatablaze to be altered to ‘ painted ‘. Her passport is currently being changed and our official database updated.’

Paul Greeves, Chief Executive, Weatherbys Thoroughbred Limited.

angrovestud

Visit site

thank you for your very kind offer your Boy is fantastic! she is due to foal end of june to Ricco here at Angrove Stud, I have been told by Animal Genetics she has a 50% chance of passing her own colour on even without Riccos Tobiano help if its a colt its for sale and if its a filly its a keeper Praying for a girl I rub her tummy ever night for a girl. how sad.

ColourFan

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]

thank you for your very kind offer your Boy is fantastic! she is due to foal end of june to Ricco here at Angrove Stud, I have been told by Animal Genetics she has a 50% chance of passing her own colour on even without Riccos Tobiano help if its a colt its for sale and if its a filly its a keeper Praying for a girl I rub her tummy ever night for a girl. how sad.

[/ QUOTE ]

He is not my boy, although I definitely won't mind having him in my yard!!

Is your mare sabino or overo with respect to pattern?

Keep rubbing and whispering sweet nothings ... she might just listen to you! Mine didn't ... they got the colour right but the sex wrong! But love the boys, they DO do their best to win me over!!

angrovestud

Visit site
Animal genetics have told me she is a splash white overo as she is not SB1 there have been no TB tested positive for SB1 that I know of.

whitewood

Visit site
Just a small word of caution - if you did decide to use the framed overo, you would increase the chance of having a foal with the lethal white gene which kills foals normally within 24/48 hours- so it is probably best not to put overo to overo - you probably knew this but I thought I would just bring it up.

Truly

www.shannonleighstables.com
Overo is just a generic term referring to white coat patterns. There are lots of different white genes. Angroves mare doesn't carry the Frame gene so would never have a 'lethal white foal' if the sire carried a frame gene. It's only a frame to a frame that it's possible and even then it's a 25% chance I believe. It's a cruel breeding practice to try and get a homogymous frame
frown.gif
Congrats btw Angrove
smile.gif

angrovestud

Visit site
I was framed has been imported from the USA, and Whatablaze is was bred in Ireland, I do not really want to breed her for Frame as I already know about the lethality of this breeding, I do like them and love I was framed lets hope his boy does well in racing soon, there are some more genetic types of TB that I wish to breed for, I have other plans for this young lady.
Thanks everyone