Pairs dressage choreography

daydreamer

Visit site
Hi everyone!

a friend and I have decided to enter a pairs dressage class that a local riding club is putting on. It is BRC pairs test 5 which seems to be walk, trot canter, some medium trot strides and a halt at the start and end.

I wondered if anyone had any tips for choreography? I will be riding it on my 16hh TB and hers is a 16.3ish ISH so maybe not ideal! I wondered if it is normal to do all the circles side by side and does this still count as 20m? If possible i'd like to be on the inside most of the time as my (idiot) horse sometimes spooks at the white boards - is this ok? I was also thinking of doing the medium trot across the diagonal one after the other so the bigger striding one can pull the other along, not sure if this will work!?

Some of the other pairs have started practicing so I'm feeling the pressure!

Britestar

Visit site
You need to be side by side for 80% of the test. If you need to swop sides it's better to do a quick split and then rejoined having changed sides.

You will loose marks of you go nose to tail.

You will need to canter side by side.

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
Yes for BRC pairs it is pairs not a pas de deux so it has to be mostly side by side. It is trickier than it looks!

I have never seen anyone go one after the other and cannot imagine you will score well for it.