Pairs XC advice!

Troggy

Visit site
Lorian and I have our first Pairs XC competition on 1st October, neither of us have done one before and we are after any tips and advice which would help!
Are they any main rules we should stick to? Any tips for getting round in one piece?! We have a gate included in the timed section...
grin.gif

Tempi

Visit site
i hate gates xc!! (sorry no help there!!)

make sure you practice dressing fences at home (if you can) apart from that stick the most confident and perhaps faster horse in front and dress at the right fences and you will be fine - its good fun. i havent done it on bloss as its too much for her (!) but i used to do it as a kid, im sure it hasnt changed much since then. You'l have a great time
smile.gif

Rambo

Visit site
Gates !!!!
shocked.gif

Yikes...I'm doing my first x-country on saturday....are we likely to have a gate in it ? I've got 2 hopes of opening one on my boy (and one of them's dead !)...are you allowed to jump them
tongue.gif

Tempi

Visit site
Bloss is ok with them if they are built into a fence (if you see what i mean) but if they are just randomly stuck in a field (which there is one on a course near me like that) she wont go near it for love nor money!! She spent her whole time snorting at it - luckily i was just practicing, otherwise we wouldve been eliminated - mum had to lead me up to it on her!!!!

emerald2006

Visit site
XC pairs is so much fun. gets so boring when u go round on your own. when we do our hunter trials all u hear are screams of people laughing going round in thier pairs. just go and enjoy it!