Pairs XC Horseheath

dianchi

Visit site
So after answering a last minute plea on facebook from a friend and fellow HHO'er Coffeeandabagel it seemed that super ginger pony was off XC!

At 6am I did question my sanity of trying to plait a new clipped ginger that was piaffing in the stable or charging about flat out- Sparkle sisters look away I couldnt find my thread so they are chunky banded plaits not lovely hooded ones i've been practising.
Was about this point I realised that Ginger pony hadnt been to a comp since June, and last outing was to the beach in August- so perhaps bouncing was forgiveable.
She was highly confused when we picked up by a different friend to her usual travel companion, but bounded up the lorry with huge enthusiasm.

None the less we were off and arrived with plenty of time, walked the course, few chunky fences, a rather big drop and a HUUUUGE ditch.

Best bit of the day was discovering that coffeeandabagel has a go pro so can share the wicked video here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vExoqTdUHq8

Probably my fault for wimping out but we didn't dress the big drop and the bank and I think these were where we lost the perfect score.
None the less we ended up 5th out of 40 pairs! Annoyingly they then placed on timing- (not mentioned so we dollyed along the first section!) and we were 5th by 1 second!

We both then went round the individual both clear again, sadly as I don't hunt didn't have a clue what "hunting pace is" (apparently its about 20 seconds slower than ginger pony definition) so quickest round of the day but not placed!
Shame no hat cam for my round, everyone could have laughed at my attempts to "woah" at the drop- ginger pony disagreed and leapt off it flat out!

Sadly the pro photographer managed to screw up/corrupt the SD card that had our individual pics and just about got one pic in the pairs :(

Great day and strongly recommend the course as super going and very friendly and well run!
We will be back in the spring for the pony club run one!

I think I saw a fellow HHO'er leaving- Larry the lorry was spotted?!

vallin

Visit site
Great video!
Would you mind if I linked it to my page on Facebook? www.facebook.com/unaffiliatedxccoursephotos - the course photos we've got for Horseheath are great but don't convey all those big open spaces between the jumps!

What are you saying about my course photo taking skills? ;) I was somewhat distracted by the gorgeous dog that I was walking the course with :p

Garnet

Visit site
Lovely video and a trip down memory lane for me as I used to be a member of the Newmarket and Thurlow Pony Club and I went to many pony club rallies and hunter trials there over 30 years ago!

duckling

www.facebook.com
I took course pics as well but I'm never sure how to get them on your Facebook page!!
Yes feel free to share!

Thank you!
In future, the easiest way is to send via Facebook message to the page :) If you took them on a phone and have the FB Messenger app, you can attach them all to one message and send. Or you can email to xcpics@hotmail.co.uk :)